• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda Big Red Plastic

Dave S

For anyone in the know, would a single piece fender from a 1984 200 Big Red fit a 1982 200 Big Red? Realize there might be minor modifications required. Just curious if it would be worth the investment. This is for a restoration project.

Thanks

I'm going to say yes it should fit possibly with no modifications. Although the site I buy parts from does not have front fenders available, the pictures look the same for an 82 and an 84 and many of the accompanying parts have the same numbers. I actually still have an 85 Big Red and that may even be the same fender.

I have a 85 big red. My brother had a 82. I beleave the 82 had a much smaller fender. Was the 1985 big red model, the year they changed to the 250 and shaft drive? I dont recall any changes between 82 and 84. BUT not a expert on the subject.

Actually 84 had both a 200M and a 200ES. The 200M had chain drive, and the 200 had shaft.

In 85 they upped it to a 250 and yes I think the plastic did change. It doesnt look the same but possibly could be adapted. Below are pics of an 82 and an 84. Prett much looks the same to me from what I see.

full-8254-15388-82.jpg

full-8254-15391-84.jpg

Thanks for info. However I just realized I failed to specify "rear" fender. I was looking at a microfiche and it appears the frames aren't all that different with the exception of a couple extra mounting brackets.

I was just told the single piece rear fender we were looking at last night was to a 1984 200s. The frames however did look similar. This project is being done by someone else. Due to the fact the single piece rear fender aren't available is why we're exploring the possibility of using the plastic to a 200s.

Thanks again Mac. You're a great help.

Wait a minute, hold on, if you are talking about a 200S it is a totally different machine. That one (which I also have) is smaller than a Big Red, a 200M or a 200ES. The 200S has 22 inch tires and the Big Red, 200M and 200ES all have 25 inch tires. I doubt they would fit even remotely close since the 200S is quite a bit narrower and shorter than the Big Red (and the others) and mounts in a different way. The Big Red, 200M and 200ES has a rear fender that flips up while the 200S has a fixed mount.

Here is the "fleet"...The two in the center are a Big Red next to a 200S. Notice the size difference.

full-8254-15410-dsc00011.jpg

That's exactly the info I needed. I figured the 200s was a totally different frame and mounting system underneath but wanted to find out before the 200s single piece rear fender was purchased for this 200 Big Red only to find out it wouldn't fit.