• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tree Walker Tree Stands

Bran32

I have been doing some research on climbing tree stands and seem to have come to the conclusion that these seem to be the best available, just wondering if anyone uses or has any thoughts on them?? This would be my first climber and I am a prety big guy at 260lbs and they are rated for 350 lbs so I want something that is stable and climbs nice! Just wondering what peoples thoughts and ideas were? Thanks guys

Not sure where you have been researching but if you want the best I would buy a Lone Wolf or Summit, these look ok but odds are you will be much happier with a different brand. If you search the forums you should be able to find several threads on the best climbers and a very large majority of hunters will suggest LW and Summit.

Bran,

I too am looking for my first climber and am about the same weight. Checked these out and they look pretty good. My main concern when trying a new stand is noise. It would be good to hear from someone who has this stand and if it makes any noise. Specially in late season cold.

The most noise free stand would probably be the lone wolf, they are pretty expensive but if you think about it as a long term investment it is worth it to have the best stand available.

Bear,

Agreed. I have 8 various types of tree stands with no expierience with a climber. One of which is a L.W. It is the most solid and I have yet to expierience noise. I am curious about this stand though. My expierience with the welded wire bases, they tend to sqeek after a while when shifting weight in stand. I do like the idea of having the bar infront of me as well as moving the seat out of my way so I can stand directly against the tree. I looked on L.W. HSOforum and it appears they do not offer the bar in front. Also, not sure if you can get the seat out of your way easily without being pegged. Otherwise, I would not hesitate on the L.W.

Chuby, I have the LW hand climber but I think the LF sit and climb has a bar you can sit on and it also can swing out in front of you. The seat is similar to a summit, it just kind of hangs there so you can kind of move it back if needed. Here is the only pic i could find with the bar in the up position.

88250-t.jpg

Bran,

I went and tried the L.W. and after talking with a few people that have them, I decided to order the TreeWalker. So, when I get it in, I certainly will try it out quick and let you know my thoughts. Should be here in about 5 days.

Thanks guys for the input, I am going to wait to see what Chubby says about the Treewalker!! I talked to some friends in Kentucky who go to a huge sportmans expo every year and they both said that after the first time they used the Treewalkers at the expo they each bought one and have been using them for 3 seasons now!! All the outdoor forums online have had nothing bad said about them either but it will be nice to hear from someone up here that has used one and see what he says!! Season is getting close so I need to make up my mind grin

She's here!

full-12605-10734-treewalker.jpg

After putting it together, I chucked it on my back and went out to a tree in our parking lot at work. First initial setup (again, no expierience with climbers in 25 years of bowhunting) took approximately 2 mins and I was climbing the tree. both the base and seat are very solid and dig into the tree better than any stand I have owned. This was my first time up and down a tree on a climber and it was effortless and did not require any learning curves. I am sure the 2 mins it took me to set it up will get less after more expierience up and down trees with her. My two bowhunting buddies at work came out with me and both tried the stand. They both went up and down the tree easily with it and neither one of them have ever owned a climber. Not sure if this is typical or not but it is easy.

I cant believe I have not ever tried or used climbers. way better than hauling out a ladder and stand or screwing in steps and stand.

It is very comfortable and may be too comfy. I could invision falling asleep in the thing.

I ordered the gun holder option and the xtra camo pads for the bars and the lounger for the all day sits. Thought the gun holder was a good option to hang your backpack from or calls, rattle horns, etc. etc. Thus, less work once in the tree not screwing in more steps or hangers.

Noise was no more clinks or clanks than with my L.W. and L.W. climbing sticks. The T.W. does not require the up and down the tree though. Certainly when you unsnap the base from the seat, there is a clank. Whenever you hit something together, there is a clank. The cable inside the cable protector does rattle if shaken. (how often do you shake the cable for entertainment in the woods?) None of the above noise bothers me though as it is no more noise than any other type of setup I have used in the past. Once I set it up, sat down, even layed down and kicked my feet up, it is rock solid with no noise when shifting or moving around. The base metal wherever it touched the supports is welded. All other metal is raised up off of the supports. So, over time, I dont think the base will make noise. It seems like it is made very solid. Even the cable ends have some sort of rubber protector on them so the pins are solid and dont make moise. (unless you clank the thing against metal.

I will be practicing alot at home as I have bigger trees and can get up 25'. I'll let you know how that goes.

Also, I have yet to hunt out of it but my initial thought is it will be a solid bow hunting stand and very comfortable. I cant wait to hunt out of it this fall.

I was not walking through woods but the weight seemed to be similiar to other portable stands I own but I dont need to cary steps and or a ladder set up with me. I did notice the size though. I would not go trenching through "buck brush" very far with this on my back. that would be a cluster.....It is a sizeable stand on your back. Not hard to walk with but I could see it catching on things walking through thick woods.

Chubby, I went up a tree with a couple of my co-workers today during work. All we got was the rest of the day off with no pay cry Any how what is the seat made of. Looks like just a mesh seat. I have a summit that actually has a back rest also. Do you have padding for the rest of the wrap around metal??

It looks sweet!! I am only getting the pro mag LT for bow hunting only but am really excited to hear you say that it climbs east and is stable and comfortable!! I back pack in a ladder stand now that ways over 40 lbs so hauling in 18 lbs to my spots ought to be a breeze!!! Thanks for the input, I think I am officially sold on the Treewalker!!!

Has anyone used a buckshot climber I think it is called the equalizer. It has the cranks to even out the platform when climbing. A local archery store had mentioned both the tree walker and the equalizer as good stands. I need to pull the trigger on one in the next few weeks in order to have time to shoot from it before the season. Any additional info welcome. Thanks

Kevfish,

Yes, I purchased the additional padding for the stand. Also, the rolled up camo in front of the stand is a padded seat and backrest that can either have your back to the tree and lay down or you can face the tree and lay down in this thing. The seat is mesh and comes standard that way. The "lounger" (padded seat and backrest) was an etra.