• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

REMINGTON 700 30-06

I own 8 model 700 rifles and just saw this today.

Now I am concerned and thought I should call Remington. I asked about which trigger was the issue and they said neither.

I then asked why people have had issues with the 700 firing when one moves the safety from on to off to fire and then the gun fires.

This is what he told me.

First, there is no issue if you clean the gun very well. He also stated that if you have no modified the trigger, there is no issue. He then asked if I had purchased all of my 700 rifles new and I said all but one. He asked if I knew if the trigger had been modified and I said I had no idea. He then suggested that I take my Remington 700 varmit .223 to a gun smith to make sure that the trigger is within the factory specs.

I have been shooting these 700 rifles since the begining of time and to date have never had an issue with any of the guns to date.

He also stated that the ones that say that the 700 may have an issue have all testified in court the exact opposite.

I guess I will continue to use my 700 rifles like I have for the past 30 years and have the trigger checked for any rework on it.

After reading many links in regards to this supposed issue, I do not know if there is an issue or if it's a cleaning issue or a modifing of the trigger issue.

Seems if there is a real safety issue, the government would make them do a recall. I do not know what else to think.

I have a Remington 700 in .30-06. I bought this in August 2009 and have not yet had any problems. I assume this one has the newer, better trigger/safety? Does anyone know the approximate date when the design change was made?

Remington told me 700's mfgr'd before March 1982. Use serial number to be sure.