• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

yea right!

Just got back from Lake Vermilion and had a blast!!! Caught and released 60'ish fish (ate 7) over the week. It is pretty funny when my husband and I fish together. I was born to fish...up with the sun, bait my own hook, catch the fish (and the biggest), remove the hook from the fish, last off the lake, clean and fillet the fish ect.....Still the men will ask him first how the fishing was, what bait he was using ect...(HAHA!)I am pretty lucky though...the man KNOWS how to fry up a perfect fillet! Just because you still look like a girl doesn't mean you're a "prissy little woman" Thanks for all the laughs!!

Jill

I went with another friend of mine fishing at Medicine Lake about 2 years ago and we were the talk. Every man on every boat wanted to say something. It seemed they were amazed that two woman wanted to fish. I also have gone to a bait shop with my boyfriend or my dad and the people there seem to talk to them. Now If that happens I pop in and make sure I am noticed because until I do, they assume the man knows most or I am just tagging along. I have that happen also at Gaylans for example. Once I stand up and let that person know I am serious they then make the eye contact with me and talk with me, but I have to inititate it all.

In addition, my guy does not even know how to clean fish and to be honest, I am not really sure he cares to learn. He still will not put a leech on his hook, I have to do it for him. But his takes off bullheads for me so I consider it a fair match.

One of the biggest mistakes I've made is to get pretty good at cleaning fish--and having had too many people watch me do it. Guess who gets to clean fish on outings?

It's a smart fellow who never learns to clean fish. If I were smart, I'd butcher a few fillets, but I can't stand waste.

Well I learned by necessity - Dad said if you want to fish you bait your own hook and clean fish. Actually I really don't mind it - especially since I got the electric knife. Rather clean them than cook them!

------------------
Phyl