Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tom heuer

lowrance LCX-17 question

6 posts in this topic

I was out fishing the other day and wasn't marking any fish and the bottom reading wasn't a solid line it was more of vertical broken lines. I turned on my LCX-15 and had a nice solid bottom line and also nice fish archs. Anybody have any insight as to what my problem might be? Change my settings? Bad transducer? Bad unit? Gives me correct temp and able to read my lake maps. Thanks for your info.

Another problem i'm having is when I run the outboard at say +5mph the sonar will lose the reading and flash shallow alarm. Once I slow back down it will resume reading. Whats my problem? Loose transducer? Transducer set to shallow or to deep on transom? Help! Please!

Sounds like a bad transducer. The easiest way to check that would be to switch your 15 and 17 around and see what the 15 does with the 17's transducer, and what the 17 does with the 15's transducer.

Try testing your other unit on that transducer to see what it does, this problem is also a symptom of a bad transducer.

Either your gain was too low or a bad ducer.

Or your ducer is not mounted correctly.

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I had a brain freeze, don't know why I didn't think of switching units. Thanks!