• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Musky Newbie

Fishhawk17

Guys,

I am new to Musky fishing but have become addicted. Anyone give me a few pointers for this time of year. Fish shallow, fish deep, weedlines, etc? Any general tips on lakes in the West Metro? I have been out to Independence several times but looking for a different lake to try.

Thanks

I feel for you. When you start spending every dime you have on either gas for the boat or the truck to drive all around the state looking for the hot bite or the elusive 50, and the few other nickels you can spare are spent on every bait imaginable, you are truly afflicted. Man I love it! I'll let the other guys chime in on tactics, as they are more technically sound, knowledgeable, and experienced, but welcome to the club!

Being you're in champlin Eagle Lake 169 @ 63rd Ave is a fun little lake a short drive away, as is Lake Johanna off snelling pay attention to the wake/no-wake times, also try the north and east ends off of the landing, and the sunken island middle of the lake straight out from the landing.