Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ducknut

Garage doors.

7 posts in this topic

Do roll-up doors works as well to hinder mice from getting into a storage shed? I see them on a lot of rental storage buildings so my thought is they work. Any first hand info or tips to improve them? I want to maximize headroom on my shed and overhead doors take up to 18 inches of HR. Thanks for any advice

I dont think so! A mouse could get in a nickle size hole,so if you dont want mice tighten the building up.I had mice in all my garages and some storage places.

If you find mice getting in, you can fill the hole with expanding foam and it will kill them when they try to eat through it. I've done it before and it works really well. For some reason they've never tried to start a new hole.

Not all brands work, sorry I don't recall which one it was, the second time I tried it I had to switch brands.

In the Weeds, that is some great advice, but I have to debunk it grin.

I do not know if they die or not, but I am sure there is another mouse waiting in the wings to start boring after the first one dies. I have filled a small hole on my shed a couple times now and it seems to reopen ever summer grin Could be chipmunks though.

What I have found best is to adjust door as tight as possible (with out binding) to close any and all air gaps and make sure you seal molding meets all the way to the ground, with no gap in at the bottom. A small gap means a fresh hole for the little buggers to start chewing and get threw.

Good luck.

Shack stuff steelwool in the hole then fill it with caulk.They wont gnaw through it! I think it hurts their dental fillings??

Thanks Sparce, we will give that a try!

Thanks

I have used steel wool for many years and have never had a mouse go through it.