• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garage doors.

Ducknut

Question

Do roll-up doors works as well to hinder mice from getting into a storage shed? I see them on a lot of rental storage buildings so my thought is they work. Any first hand info or tips to improve them? I want to maximize headroom on my shed and overhead doors take up to 18 inches of HR. Thanks for any advice

6 answers to this question

If you find mice getting in, you can fill the hole with expanding foam and it will kill them when they try to eat through it. I've done it before and it works really well. For some reason they've never tried to start a new hole.

Not all brands work, sorry I don't recall which one it was, the second time I tried it I had to switch brands.

In the Weeds, that is some great advice, but I have to debunk it grin.

I do not know if they die or not, but I am sure there is another mouse waiting in the wings to start boring after the first one dies. I have filled a small hole on my shed a couple times now and it seems to reopen ever summer grin Could be chipmunks though.

What I have found best is to adjust door as tight as possible (with out binding) to close any and all air gaps and make sure you seal molding meets all the way to the ground, with no gap in at the bottom. A small gap means a fresh hole for the little buggers to start chewing and get threw.

Good luck.