• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Post your May Morson reports here!!!

Okay, who's been out already? We're heading up Thursday for five days -- the start of a long and glorious summer of many trips to Lac du Buois!

Where are they? What are they up to?

Wild Thing,

We found some fish on a point near sand and rubble. Worked the sand and rubble with no success. While we were going around the corner we dropped into deeper water and pick up four nice eaters in a matter of a half hour. I would have bet everything on the fish being shallow but these four were not. Water temps were in the high 40's. Got blown off the lake by noon on Saturday. Worked deeper water off spawning grounds on Sunday morning with poor results.

Headed back up on Friday for the holiday weekend. Will post again next week.

Like the northern MN lakes, LOTW might be a week or two behind. I would imagine that they've spawned already(?). I bet it jump-starts over the next two weeks. That must have been some wind up there Saturday, eh?

Thanks for the report marknamy, sounds like you got them right at post spawn. It may take into June for them to heat up now...

Did you have any eggs or milk coming out? The guys down here reported a lot of fish still spawning recently.

See you up on the water this weekend. The weather is looking good -- 70s. I just hope we don't get wind. I HATE wind, but then again I've already said that over and over on here. Walleye chop, [PoorWordUsage]. I'll take flat calm any day.

The fish we caught had quite a bit of milk coming out. Hope they are hungry by the weekend, looks like good weather on the way. I can tolerate a little breeze but the gale force winds we had on Saturday were over the top.

Good luck this weekend.