• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slow fishing for me!

Hi everyone! Well I've been out fishing almost every night during my time off from work but it's been slow fishing. I did catch a 36" northern (C&R) today and about 8 perch. So at least I didn't get skunked! I did have a blast looking down the hole at all the perch at about 4:30. Then suddenly they all clear out and that northern comes flying in and SNAPPO chomps my jig while I watched! That was SUPER cool to see and I actually think I may be jigging a little too vigorously because I was barely jigging at all and she just inhaled it! (Time for a Marcum camera??) The lake we were fishing was really clear since I was located in about 18 feet of water. Really neat stuff. I'm just blessed to be able to live so close to a beautiful lake. Now if she would just give up ONE really nice walleye I would be soooo happy! Maybe this weekend?! smile.gif

PS. I will try to post my modest northern pic if I can photoshop my head out of it. HEEHEE tongue.gifgrin.gifcrazy.gif

WOW Lisa, how exciting that must of been!!! I bet that clear water is fun to fish in. You must of been huffing and puffing just bringing that fish to the surface!!!!

Lets not forget that perch now, their always a plus in my book, love the taste of those.

I remember spear fishing with my Dad years ago in a small lake, it was clear like that and with that big ole hole to look into it was amazing. Those fish used to come though and look almost double their size.

Hope you get some more ice time in, its no fun to go back to work. Have a Happy New Year!Diana