• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo "Shark " Auger

This auger has a lightweight 2.5 hp Italian
motor that revs to a incredable 13000 rpm.
Who's used one?
Do they drill a hole the fastest?
Do they run good in the cold weather?
Does the pistol grip throttle work well?
If you have used one, or have a opinion on it, please take the time to register,sign-on, and let me know what you think.
Any opinion is welcome.
THANKS!!!!!!! FISH-ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Clam sleeper,Fishtrapp,5x8 hardside, 660 Grizz

Nice looking units of good quality.
The engine is superior to what major manufacturers use on their augers except for Nils Master.
Fit, finish and overall ability to cut holes.....I'd rate it just ahead of Strikemaster and Jiffy and just under Nils Master at first judgement but I've only seen one in action on two seperate occassions...but was impressed.

I just bought a used one a couple weeks ago. It's last years model with the Tecumseh engine though (which I hope is an advantage over the new Italian motor when it comes to cold starting) It runs at the higher RPM and I hope it will cut as good as it looks. (I haven't even run it yet) I just couldn't pass up the deal. It also has a 2 year warranty versus the standard 1 year on most augers. I use a StrikMaster Lazer Mag now that I have never had a problem with but was impressed enough by the looks and stats of the Eskimo that I bought it for myself as an upgrade. I sure hope it cuts as well as it looks.....or I'll REALLY miss my lazer mag if I sell it before the season starts!!
I'll be watching this too for any good or bad opinions on the eskimo
Twitter