• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Green beans

My green beans are very plentiful this year. Are they every good steamed and buttered!! I plan on blanching some for the freezer too. I need to stay on top of them though, the grasshoppers seem to be plentiful this year too. I have used sevin dust in the past to get rid of the grass hoppers, but I just don't like using alot of chemicals. frown.gif

That's an excellent way to prepare them! This may be an odd question but untill recently, the thought never occurred to me. Ever try green beans raw right from the plant. Raw vegetables are usually better for us anyway and green beans are excellent that way.

I tried a recipe the other day that turned out pretty good. Saute the beans with some onion, garlic, and a little butter then shread some cheese on them for serving. I used sharp cheddar but my guess is just about any favorite would work.

Bob

My 4 year old eats them right out of the garden when we are picking them. He loves em'. That's why I don't like using chemicals for the grass hoppers. Does any one have any good ideas how to control grass hoppers without chemicals? I have thought about covering the rows with cheese cloth, but that sounds like a lot of work. Any ideas would help,

thanks,