• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gophers only game in town!!!!!

Hockey Guy

I have to say, I don't miss the NHL nearly as much as I thought I would. I know it is because of the Gophers stellar play! I too thought this would be a rebuilding year. I honestly think the Gophers look better now then either of their National Championship teams did this early in the season. Before you laugh, hear me out.

The way this team skates and moves the puck is incredible. They have great team speed and at times they look like they have been playing together for years. They seem to have more depth from top to bottom then they have in years. I haven't had confidence in a Gopher goalie since Stauber, but Briggs looks really good right now. And lastly, who better to keep these guys on track than Lucia?

We'll have to see at the end of the year if I look like a fool, but I really like their chances.

Well said Hockey guy! They are a young talented team that plays solid defense and skates extremely well! It'snice to see Nodak take the pipe this past weekend... they are ranked 50th in the country in goal scoring and in power play efficiency at 11.4%. I just saw that at www.uscho.com

My advice would be to not take their good play for granted. Nodak will be there in the end, i guarantee it. Remember last year?? Pretty sure the Gophs didnt start so hot, but it is the play at the end of the year that really matters. All they have to do is play well enough to get into the big dance, and i wouldnt count out any of the top 6 WCHA teams this year, they are all looking more and more dangerous as the season wears on.