• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

carp virus

I fish pool 4 of the mississippi river and have been seeing alot of dead carp floating all over the last few weeks and want to know what is killing them.
Alls I have heard is that it is a virus that is getting carp and sheep head, does anybody know what would cause this and will it spread to walleye, bass, northern, ect.???

How do fish spread virus and why would it only kill certain species?

And its not just pool4 I was on pool 3 yesterday and saw 2 in the short distance I went. Any info would be great
Thanks

It's possible they could've gotten into the blue/green alge bloom. I know there is a little bit of that stuff in the river system, but usually in very dank still spots. It's really hard to say what their fates were. There is almost always some mortality, ecspecially rought fish after the season gets going into the hot stages. I think rought fish expose themselves to a wider variety and higher concentration of bacteria, because they are more lickely to get into water like I mentioned. Who knows for sure though.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\