Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ac777

Any wakeboarders on here?

11 posts in this topic

Hey just wondering if anyone else here wakeboards when their not fishing. I just got a new board and I'm pretty pumped to get on the water, for boarding and fishing!

I do...in fact I mainly wakeboard/surf and occasionaly fish during the heat of the summer. I am down in Faribo, and looks like your farther north. If you should come down this way let me know.

What kind of board?

Justin

I picked up an 08 model Hyperlite, looks to be pretty nice, a lot better than my old school board with the pointed tip and 3 fins in the back tho. do you mean Faribault?

Welcome to the world of twin tips. What model did you buy? I'm guessing this is just the beggining for you:)

Welcome to the world of twin tips. What model did you buy? I'm guessing this is just the beggining for you:)

Well, i've been boarding for a couple years, but nothing serious at all. Can't think of the model at the time. But I am pretty pumped to get on the water again, so you could say it is the RE-beginning for me in a way!

Oh and I'm guessing the twins tips will be a huge difference on the water? Hoping for more air and control out of the new board.

Well the twin tip boards will help you work on riding both directions. I'm lucky that my surfing buddy is a goofy foot rider and I ride regular because it forces me to spend every other day riding the opposite direction. It is a little tougher to force yourself to do this on a wakeboard but the good riders are as comfortable either left foot or right foot forward. Usually on a wind day we will just work on riding our off side. Try it and it will be like learning all over again and you will have a blast!

Have base model board from obrien. Lovin boardin but have busted up binding. Where should i look for one?

I would check out www.the-house.com for bindings and any other wake gear. They usually have top notch service, but order early in the year. Also Midwest Mastercraft, or MN Inboard come to mind right away. If you know what you want already and are willing to wait a few days try any one of the vendors on wakeworld.com

Hope that helps.

I picked up an 08 model Hyperlite, looks to be pretty nice, a lot better than my old school board with the pointed tip and 3 fins in the back tho. do you mean Faribault?

Yep Faribault is what I am refering to. Sorry local yocal talk i guess grin

I learned on an old Obrien with the pointed tip...it was called the Woody, I never looked back going to the twin tip, I suspect you will be the same, its as good as sliced bread!!

Justin

hi I am 45 years old I water ski, wakeboard, salom ski,and tube we have a Obrien option wakeboard a great board to ride I dont do aneything fancy just love to pull my kids and ride myself