• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best trip yet...

Just back from three weeks in Canada and it was the best trip yet--fishing great, weather great, cabins and lakes were terrific. Started at Rainy Lake (Coppen's Resort)and once weather turned, on Thursday June 11, bass moved on to beds and we finished strong there. Top bass was 20", also got 7 in the 19-inch range, and a ton more over 18". Then my wife joined me and I flew into Grant Lake (Gateway North Outfitters)where the bass were also on bed, got a 20-incher first day, my wife got one 19 1/2 and we had great bass fishing. Next up, Pipestone (also Gateway)boat-in and the bass were still on bed. Tried not fishing beds, but didn't find much action away from the beds until the last day when I finally started getting some shallow and not on bed. But the fishing was simply spectacular in the areas where they were on bed. Finally, went to Kay Lake (Nestor Falls Outfitters)where bass fishing continued to be incredible and I finished up with some musky fishing and got a 36-incher. Can't say enough about the outfitters, I fished the spots they recommended and they were spot-on. Bout the only thing I could say that might be useful to others is that, at times, I did fish Gulp Alive leeches, right along side live leeches--and they worked just about as good. Saw lots of deer and beaver and it's a great change from South Florida...

Nice report. Heading up to Nestor Falls in a few days for a week of fishing. Fishing bass on beds is a bit controversial up North F.Y.I. I'm not going to try and lecture but just wanted to let you know. Anyways, thanks for the report kodiac!