• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best carp hook?

I've been using a #2 Carlisle style hook that fits your description. It has a long shank and an offset bend. I usually bend the shank back about 5 degrees to put the point of the hook more out in the open. It is a medium wire style that will not bend. This hook will work great for either crawlers or corn.

When fishing snaggy water, I switch to the Aberdeen style hook which will bend to pull off a snag.

Honestly, whether you're fishing with sweetcorn, doughbaits, nightcrawlers or boilies, you absolutely cannot beat a hair rig, which works quite well with a snelled #6 or #8 octopus hook.

European carp anglers (the best in the world) have been exclusively applying hair rigging to their fishing for many decades. I wish I could draw a diagram of the rig for you, but if you look at one of the early threads on this forum, you'll find a fair description of it.

-a friend called Toad