• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas Tank - Extra Pieces??

SkunkedAgain

I just started pulling apart and cleaning the 3hp 1957 Johnson that I scored last summer for $25. Now that all of the mouse nests are cleaned out, I noticed something rattling around in the dry gas tank. There is a wide spring and two washers. I've taken pictures and posted them below. Does anyone know where these go? I can't find a reference to them in the repair book:

Tank_zps61fc697c.jpg

Below is a close-up of the three extra pieces found rattling around in the gas tank.

Parts_zps0eac8eea.jpg

You know, I posted on another forum because I wasn't seeing responses here. Everyone at the other site said it was for the underside of the gas cap, and that there should have been a beaded chain too. I don't have the chain but at this point am just happy to know they aren't critical pieces.

Thanks CAMAN