• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electrical question...

Esox_Magnum

Motors not charging, not sure if it's regulator or stator... Is it easy to test to determine what ones bad? What do I need to check it? Been trying to get my mechanic to get me an answer for about 6 weeks and getting the feeling of being avoided and need it fixed....Motors a 91 Merc 115, red stator, the big issue is theres 2 regulators listed for this year and unsure what one I need....

What's the serial number?

Have you verified u have a good battery ?

I've got a snap on 67 test light that ill connect to both yellow leads coming from under the flywheel. As Rpms increase, so should the intensity of my light. The other way is to disconnect the yellow leads and check the resistance or for an open. Also check for a short to ground.

Then for the rectifier you check the diodes with an ohm meter. That's done by checking continuity from the yellows to the red and no continuity from red to yellows.