• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2006 Tracker Targa 175

tori's dad

Just wondering is anyone has any opinions- I am looking at buying a 2006 Tracker Targa 175 with a 115 etec for power- any opinions on this model or the company positive or negative. I want to make an educated decision and I have heard some horror stories or Trackers in the past but I also have heard they have come a long way with their boat hulls with leakage and such. Thanks.

I don't understand how theres an ETEC on it. Trackers have been sold exclusively with mercury for awhile. Just a thought. I had a Tracker Pro Guide for a few years and I liked that boat. It handled well and had a dry ride for what it was. no leaks. no issues. Helped me land plenty of fish. Always felt safe in it. the Hull problems were mostly in older boats.. I think, well unless someone abused it.

Resale is terrible. I suppose if your buying used your getting the better end of that deal. smile

Making warranty claims with Tracker was kind of a pain. Customer service didn't know much about anything really. 5 days to return a phone call and they seemed hesitant to warrant anything besides structural failure (which I did NOT need). Read the fine print. My warranty excluded literally everything on or in the boat.

Buying used you wont be needing warranty info but again thats part of why resale is lower and why some owners are unhappy.

I was satisfied with my boat. But thats my experience.

My buddy has an 05 Targa that split the hull from bow to stern and too an act of congress to get Tracker to do anything about it, have heard of many others with similar issues on their welded hulls....Fit and finish is poor, bhis looks more worn inside than my 1991.....I wouldnt personaly own one but this is your choice....

Thinking back now.. My friend had a welded Tracker Pro Guide also. His boat, near the keel split open in 4 footers. Beats me why he was in 4 footers with a tracker but I agree it does happen.

They are a great inexpensive boat for light to medium use. But not built for 4 foot rollers apparently..

Make sure you break an "external weld" while your in the 4 footers so it will be covered. Otherwise respect the boat and the water.