• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for new powered handheld equipment for the yard??

LwnmwnMan2

If possible, rather than getting a cheaper model trimmer, I would suggest looking on hsolist or other websites, as well as local lawn equipment dealers for "split boom" type equipment.

I'm most familiar with Echo products, but I also know most manufacturers will carry something along this same line.

Echo has two power units that I know of, a PAS-230 and PAS-260.

For most homeowner applications, the PAS-230 will have plenty of power.

What's nice about these setups, is that you can buy a trimmer attachment for it, so you don't need a seperate trimmer. Also, you can buy a broom attachment, a hedge trimmer, a mini-rototiller as well as a couple of other attatchments.

The broom attachment I talked about in another thread with sand / rock on the boulevard.

The hedge trimmer works great in areas with thicker grasses, weeds and small brush, or at the cabin, if you have cattails that are creeping in around the dock, they're murder trying to take them down with a normal string trimmer. Using this attatchment will mow through them much much faster.

My 74 year old father likes the mini tiller in the garden, it's only about 9" wide, so he can just get around the plants fairly easily, without having to lumber a regular rototiller through, or use a hoe.

Again, I'm not promoting Echo products, it's just what I'm most familiar with. If you have a Stihl, Redmax, or other dealer that you like dealing with, by all means continue that working relationship.

If you like to save a couple of dollars, a little research on the internet will most likely find a better price for you as well.