• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Made A Mistake?

eyepatrol

This past Friday when the temps down here in the southcentral part of the state were about 45 degrees or better, I fished around a point on a lake anywhere from 4fow to 13fow and the point is adjacent to deeper water. This lake has been experiencing a shallow water bite. Matt knows this all to well. grin.gif At any rate, I've been wondering if I made a mistake in targeting a main lake point instead of areas where ditches and creeks enter into the lake, or any lake for that matter. With the 2-3 days of warm temps that we had, I'm sure there was some water flowing through those ditches/creeks and outletting into the lake. Would it have been better to target such an area as this, or does this pattern only apply at early ice-out?

Thanks.

I wouldn't go as far to say that you made a mistake. The spots I'm fishing out there are mainlake as well, and to be honest, I would have hit those same spots this weekend if I was down there, I would not have gone to the ditches and creeks. Even though the ditches and creeks might produce a boost in oxygen, I still would stick with the game plan and work the areas where I know fish were congregating the day prior.

However, this doesn't mean that some of those creek areas won't produce with the given conditions, but I would expect those panfish to still be holding on the shallow flats...