• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any can am riders here and ur thoughts

mikie

I see most r polaris riders and so was I. then bought a 09 can am 800 outlander max and sorry to say but I will never go back to polaris. That can am is one hell of a machine i love it

I've got an 06 Outlander Max XT 400. Just got it a few months ago. It was well taken care of and I love it. I am not a hard trail rider and the 400 is all I need to pull the ice house around and haul some people too.

Bought a Outlander Max 650 last December. Bought new with a plow. Was going to buy a 700 grizz but, after rideing both liked the outlander better. Ive rode with the grizzlys, brutes, rincons, artic cats, just about all the same what i notice is how the outlander can take ruff trails a litlle better but, thats just my opion, And i like the power the Outlander has when needed.

my wife and i got the outlander max (2 up seat) last year and love it. only thing i dont like is the lack of speed and some power in reverse. we have the 500.

I looked long and hard at that same machine, but in the end went with something else. Just little things about the other machine that I personally liked better - Nothing at all against the Can-Am, it's a great machine. Just personal preference.

i do agree there is alotta power and in the 800 2 up more power and speed than u can imagine the thing is just nuts i like thst the rear suspentin is tortion arms and not a arms seems to make it a little less likely to catch stumps and think thats y the ride is very smooth my in laws all have polaris and once they decide to buy new again they r goin to go to Can Am also expensive yes for the 800 2 up its almost 2500 more than the sportsman 800 but ill spend the extra

I see most r polaris riders and so was I. then bought a 09 can am 800 outlander max and sorry to say but I will never go back to polaris. That can am is one hell of a machine i love it
Dont be sorry, you definitely upgraded.

Have always been a Polaris guy and had planned on getting a 500 Sportsman but after test riding the Can-Am and the Sportman, I like the features, ride, and power of the Can-Am better. It's been a great machine and love the 42 month warranty!

bought mine in 04 400 max the first year they came out. I still have the original battery and not one problem on till now voltage reg is acting up. Would like to buy new one someday with bigger motor so i can put tracks on it for ice fishing. Great machines couldn,t be happier Terry

Hands down a better machine than anything else. You pay more, but you get more.

Sounds like you are a happy customer, thats good ....you make the best salesmen!

But, better is a pretty broad and general term and depends on what you are gauging it on.

I have nothing negative to say about Can-Am. I ride and enjoy my Skidoo sled because its better for me, and does everything I expect of it. But, I'd hesitate to say its hands down better for everyone.

Just because I have nearly 9000 miles on my Honda doesn't mean its hands down the best, it just means I'll be a repeat customer for the 13th time since 1976.

I work on most brands of ATV, so I see about every kind of abuse they are subject to. Although some stand out at some things, none are hands down the best at everything.

Originally Posted By: Realtor Boy
Ive had a couple of sportsmans and there is no comparison from the Can Am to a polaris.. Hands down Can Am!!

Well that is pretty obvious polaris has no comparison to any brand out there! Polaris is junk!!

I would take a Polaris frame and 4x4 system over a comparable Can Am system any day. wink If you could put the Can Am motor into a Polaris frame and use the Polaris 4x4 system, you would have one of the best machines out there IMO.