• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Soffit and Gutters

fishhuntwork

I don't specialize in it, but I do enough of it. I hire a company out of Hutchinson to do seamless gutters for me. In my opinion they are pretty darn reasonable.

If I were you since it needs to be redone anyway I would go with maintenance free soffit and fascia. Painting is just not for me, but would be the cheapest route. EDCO makes one of your better products. I am sure that your wood fascia will need to be replaced.

Are you planning to hire or do it yourself?

i do it all the time well to start with it needs to be replaced and putting new soffit in is not that big of a deal.if you need some adviceti could stop by this wekk and show you how to do it i will be down that way on thur i think

How much of the soffit and fascia is rotted? If your just patching here and there pull the old stuff off and do the repair. If your doing all the soffit you can go over it with vinyl and aluminum soffit. If your eves are vented then choose vented soffit.

Question is, why is it rotted and is the roof deck damaged.

If a new roof is in your future then I'd wait to do the fascia and soffit.

The old fascia is going to be face nailed and nailed down from the from the roof deck. You might or might not have a roof edge. Pull the face nails out. Now your probably going to have fascia hanging by the nails from above and even ice&water shield stuck to the fascia. If you have steel drip edge you'll have to work the fascia loose and not damage the drip edge. Once out you'll need to snip any nails coming though the roof deck.