• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Remington Genisus Muzzleloader

I got a new gun for Christmas and finally got out to shoot it. I know they say they come out of the box sited in. I have an issue with mine. I shot twice and the gun is shooting 10" low. I moved the site as far as I can and at 30 yards I'm still 3" low. I can't move the front site because it is a perminent mount. Any suggestions??? Do they make a shim that goes under the back site??

yep, more powder grin seriously though you need to post more info. what cal./size of round and how much of a charge are you useing. I have a few smokepoles and my bud has the gun you have and never had a problem sighting it in out of the box. I use Hornady sabot 250's with a 120 grains loose triple seven FFg (not FFFG too eratic) and it is a tack driver grin A hair high at 50 yards and dead nuts at 75yds. You have to tinker around with every one on an individual basis to find what yours likes but thats half the fun.

I was using Hornady sabot 250 but only using two 50 grains. I was going to try and drop another 50 but didn't have time. I know there are so many different shots to use. I tried staying with the stuff that came with the gun. Even in their video they put in two powders. I just thought it was odd. I did clean the gun good before hand and after two shots I cleaned it again. My groups were tight. Like I said now three inches low at 30 yards but will try and drop another powder and see what that does. Thanks for the help.

Don't get to excited to drop another powder in there. I have found that the extra powder is a waste. I have seen the biggest problem with most guns that shoot low is because most guns are not forgiving and most people do not get there head down to line up the sights. IF that is not the problem I would drop about 25 grains in the bullet before I start using more powder.

Try that and see how it goes.

Froggy

Colonol, I have that gun. I love it, shot great out of the box. I'm shooting 250 grain, with 2 pellets (100 grains) of 777 powder. It is right on at 50 yards. I don't understand how it could shoot that low, but I doubt you would be the first to have gun issues.