• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Secret Word WI opener Big Fish fer fun contest? **WORD ADDED**

Deitz Dittrich

Mepps Aglia size 5 nickle blade white skirt. White/silver was by far the most productive color, and in the clear water they could see the flash a long ways off. Bass were pretty aggressive, as seen by my brothers catch compared to the lure it struck:

2868_873976981100_13951276_52731360_3586

Craigums, I'm the guy in that Triton. Your buddy probably didn't think this would circle around. Communication avenues are amazing these days! Here's what actually happened... He asked if I had a tow strap in which I replied "no" because I did not. I then offered him a ride to his truck at the other landing, he replied "no" because apparently he didn't have his keys because his friend had dropped him off. I'm pretty sure he was just worried about leaving his boat, which I understand. I am always willing to help out a fellow angler, but I'm not going to beg them to let me help. Funny, small world. What kind of weights did your club have on Trade that day? I had never been there before but it seams like a neat lake. We just couldn't get any size going in the short time we were there. Mainly caught small males, which is expected that early. The broken motor guy said he did "really good", just wondering what that meant?

Hey RECOIL, I figured it was some miscommunication. Anyways we ran into the same issue lots of small fish. I got 2 keepers that weighed in a little under 5lbs. The big bass of the day was 3.5 which went to the winner who had a total weight on around 11lbs I think. That was also the 1st time i've ever been to that lake, and also the first time I've fished in the club with these guys. I think the guy with the broken ranger weighed in 1 fish weighing around 2.5lbs?? I can't rememer though

I was in that Triton with RECOIL. Since we had no rope to tow the ranger angler agreed he was stuck. I felt bad we couldn't help by towing but understand not wanting to leave his boat during a tourney. I admire the fact that he paddled across the lake in that wind. That's hard work! I wonder how effective dragging a carolina rig while paddling would've been? Might've stumbled onto a female or two still holding deep?

Forest Lake. I have stumbled around on the Mora lakes a few times. It's a nice area. I have a couple of small "go-to" lakes up around there that I like to sneak out on when I get sick of the metro crowds. I haven't been up there in a while though. How are the water levels doing?