• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Secret Word WI opener Big Fish fer fun contest? **WORD ADDED**

Deitz Dittrich

Anybody have any interest in doing a fun contest like we did last fall for the Wisconsin bass opener?.. I could post a secret word on friday if there is enough interest. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I hope to get out one of the days at least.

Secret word..

FM Wii.

Will you be posting a word? I hope my photos from this weekend resemble this DNR survey crew photo:

three.jpg

Well, except for the muskie, they won't be open. That photo can only taunt me for the next 12 hours though...

My big boy was 17'' Got lots of fish in my club tourny but only 2 over 14'', I had an awesome time though, caught fish on Jigs, Swim Jigs, Lipless Cranks, Power Worms, and Spinnerbaits.

My biggest was 17.5 but I didnt bother taking a picture. I was pulling out of my great grandparets farm with my boat at noon on saturday on the corner of county rd z and hwy 87 when Dietz blew by me heading towards grantsburg, I am guessing you were heading to big trade maybe? Then later that day I was fishing my grandparents lake and ran into Eric Gislason, Herbek has a cabin on the lake but he wasnt there, apperently Gis was staying at his cabin. As far as the fishing goes I would say I ended up with about 30 bass and I caught every single one on a white spinnerbait. I tried other things but the spinnerbait was the only thing I could get them on. I found water temps as high as 59 and as low as 49.

Only was out a little bit yesterday, got 1 male about 14". Was out a lot longer today on a little shallower lake. With a water temp of 58 degrees it seemed as though the males were just starting to head shallow to start work on their beds, as everything caught in shallow water was male. Biggest was an 18" female that was right where she was supposed to be, sitting right on the end of a rock bar. My sister felt it necessary to take a picture of everything we caught so as soon as she uploads them I'll have one (though I didn't have a pen for the secret word).

We wound up in 9 different lakes over sat and sun and managed 72 fish (plus around 2 dz slimers). Unfortunately none were picture worthy. We just couldn't get on any big females. The only fish that were somewhat grouped up were on mud hen, sandhill, and poplar. Our best luck was on a red eye sexy shad. Caught a few drop shotting and on senkos, flukes, hard jerkbaits, and spinner and chatter baits. We threw a lot of other stuff in areas where we knew there were fish but couldn't get anything else going. Depending on the lake and side of the lake we found water temps everywhere from 49 to 65. The warm stuff was on the small dirty lakes and all the clear lakes the water was much coller. Had to fight the wind to get most of our fish. Felt bad for the guy on Trade that didn't have either motor working for the tourney. Hope he wound up ok!

We wound up in 9 different lakes over sat and sun and managed 72 fish (plus around 2 dz slimers). Unfortunately none were picture worthy. We just couldn't get on any big females. The only fish that were somewhat grouped up were on mud hen, sandhill, and poplar. Our best luck was on a red eye sexy shad. Caught a few drop shotting and on senkos, flukes, hard jerkbaits, and spinner and chatter baits. We threw a lot of other stuff in areas where we knew there were fish but couldn't get anything else going. Depending on the lake and side of the lake we found water temps everywhere from 49 to 65. The warm stuff was on the small dirty lakes and all the clear lakes the water was much coller. Had to fight the wind to get most of our fish. Felt bad for the guy on Trade that didn't have either motor working for the tourney. Hope he wound up ok!

He's in my fishing club...I guess he asked a guy in a triton for a lift back to the bay and they said "no". He ended up rowing his ranger across the entire lake trying to get back to the launch. Still weighed a fish in though.

You don't ride a triton do you wink