• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Older motor - need help.

polarsusd81

I have an old 28 hp Mariner tiller sitting in the garage that I need to fix up and sell. It is taking up space and there is a bad memory with that motor and I just want it gone. The motor is set up for dual controls, tiller or can easily be converted to console. It is also an electric start/pull start motor. Too much junk on a small motor like that IMO.

Anyway, the push button kill switch on the motor is removed and there is a plug for controls wired into the motor. I assume that without having the male side of that plug, I will have difficulty starting the motor. I assume this because it would seem the key would be on and the pull start would be used as backup. I think the kill switch is also wired into the plug in some fashion as well.

Is there a way to find a wiring diagram for this motor? Would a photo of the motor help in ID for a wiring diagram? Would it be wise to remove the controls and use the manual start, or is the male end of a plug easy to locate and wire an ignition switch to?

I am pretty clueless with this motor and I just want to get it running so I can get rid of it?