• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lets see your dogs

ranger20

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major is 2 years old now and was recently diagnosed with Masticatory Muscle Myositis, an auto-immune disease thats taking a toll on the youngster. But none the less with a lot of work and some good advice from my friends here he turned out to be better than I ever could have imagined. I have some pictures of us together on what could have been our last ND hunting trip but haven't pulled them off of the camera yet.

BONUS: Just paid the down payment on the new pup... A viszla! Going to name him Tater (Couldn't bring myself to get another shorthair. Next to Major it just wouldn't measure up no matter how good it was.). Pictures will follow with more quesyions I'm certain.

A special thank you to all of you who helped me as a dog owner and trainer and take pride in knowing you had something to do with an awesome hunter and better companion!!! You guys (and gals) are great and greatly appreciated.full-13068-14441-majorpicture.jpg

full-13068-14443-majorpicture2.jpg

This is CH Cruiser's Tok Gun, A.K.A. Maverick. Rock solid point at 8 weeks. He's a year and half now. The breeder finished him earlier this year and now he's doing lure coursing. Pretty cool to watch him fly around the course. Can't wait to get out after some ditch chickens next weekend! Gonna try and put the JH on him next year.

full-37198-14445-39271_557836684180_5290

full-37198-14446-mavmajor_010811.jpg

Red Dog Hill Kennels in Java, South Dakota

These kind folks started here in Annandale, Mn but moved there not too long ago. They've got 30+ years of breeding and pointing training between the two of them and from the correspondence I've had with them they're top notch.

Check out their HSOforum:

full-25796-14478-beagles.jpg

Sven and Ole. Sven (1 1/2) is on the right and a beast. We got him from a breeder that only raises beagles and hunts them up north after deer season. Given his longer ears and longer, heavier body, we think he has bassett hound in him somewhere. He's UKC registered, which I had never heard of before but then did some research and found its a legit organization focused more so on hunting dogs. His family tree shows several champions in hunting competitions (some with the word bassett in the name) but we haven't tried that yet. He bays and howls like crazy when he gets excited. Ole (4) on the left, we got from the humane society when he was about one year old. We had originally considered a lab or vizla they had there but they were both too hyper and I didnt have the time to work with them so they wouln't knock the kids down who were quite small then. So my wife said, let's get the Beagle and I grudgingly agreed. Now I'm hooked on them and have thought about adding a third (Lena). They're usually such calm, obedient dogs until they see a rabbit or squirrel and then all heck breaks looses. It's funny, like light switch goes on. They go bezerk. Ole barking and Sven howling and baying. If we lived in the city, I'm pretty sure we'd have to get rid of them due to noise.