• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Vikings draft

koonie

They didnt bring Sage in to be Jacksons backup IMO. Sage will be the starter because he is the better QB, forget the style. He can get the ball to these recievers. Who cares if Jackson can run better, we arent running the Florida offense with Tim Tebow nor are we going to rely on the wildcat. You'll see Harvin lined up for the most part in the slot initially. You'll see him in alot of motion trying to get him in 1 on 1's where he can take the quick 3 yard hitter and use his abilities. You'll also see him a bit in the backfield where he will be motioned out as well. His ability for YAC is going to add something to the offense that is sorely needed.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some good logic Rick but it sounds like you're convinced the Vikes will adopt more of a wilcat offense than anything. Won't happen. If it does look for Harvin to be taking the snaps not TJack. The quarterback (whoever it will be) needs to take this team vertically and maintain that threat to open up everything else. TJack the runner will find himself unemployed this time next year...Sage the passer might win us a few playoff games this Winter.

I'm not against the Harvin pick, I just don't see the Vikes as a good fit for his abilities due to Childress' lame play calling. It's like hiring Tony Stewart to drive your mini-van.

The play calling is exactly the reason that the jury is still out - and not even close to a verdict - on T-Jack. Now the Vikes have another playmaker - if they can get some improved line play, we can finally get a read on how good or bad T-Jack can be.

How good would Moss have been if T-Jack or Sage were the QB back then? I hope this Harvin doesnt get too frustrated too easily.

moss would of made sage a top qb...not even moss could help t-awesome though....moss even made culpepper look good...a guy like percy can also make a qb look better then what they are and pad their stats...all the qb has to do is make a simple 5 to 10 yard pass and sit back and watch.

sage is a way better qb then either t-awesome or gus...gus is better then t-awesome and we almost had what it took with gus....hopefully we get to put t-awesome behind us and move on this season...he'll be a career backup at best!!

Quote:
What makes you think TJack will be the starter Rick?

I fully expect Sage to be the starter. I believe even Chili knows that T-Jack isn't the answer and Chili also knows his Job is on the line so he's going the Sage route for starters.

Chili tried to get Sage last year also if I'm not mistaken.

I'd be surprised if sage wasn't anointed!

Today's paper quoted Spielman that they are in contract talks with Chester Taylor, Antoine Winfield and TJack to extend their contracts.... Somebody must like TJack if they are considering extending his contract. I would hope they would wait to see if any quarterbacks get cut from other teams in training camp before they extend a contract to TJack.

Pretty sure Sage was playing with a top 5 reciever down in Houston. Andre Johnson is an elite talent at wide reciever. T-jack has had lobster claws and not much else. When he played early last year Berrian had his turf toe issue and Shiancoe had borrowed Troys claws on Sundays.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

That's some good logic Rick but it sounds like you're convinced the Vikes will adopt more of a wilcat offense than anything. Won't happen.

Actually it's more of the reverse and screen packages they can run now with Percman in the fold that says T-Jack is the starter. Couple that with the fact Loadholt needs work on his pass protection and you can bet they will be running a fair amount or short passes, including the reverses and draws, to start the year. It really does appear they are building the team for T-Jack not Sage.

If they were building it for Sage they would have taken Oher then a receiver to give Sage more time in the pocket so he could cut down on his interception ratio.

I agree with Rick! Chili has gone ALL IN on T-Jack, he proved it again last year after Gus got healthy again and T-Jack was looking decent. Why NOT re-start the QB that led you to what, an 8-4 record or something like that.....? It's his pet project and he will sink or swim with him!

Why else did they bring in Hooshyourmamma and have him sit down with T-Jack and not Sage?

It's going to be an ugly year for the Purple, IMO. Chili is as bad of a disease as McFail was for the Wolves!

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Oher was not the pick because Percy was 5 spots higher on their board. TJ Hooshyourmamma met with TJack because he was the only q-back in town. Sage wasn't even around. I hope they do extend TJacks contract...he's going to make a great back-up q-back someday.

fishin58 -

I commend you for your never-ending support and love for T-Jack! I takes a young mind that has not been shattered by years of Viking failure to remain that stedfast! Keep at it!

However, T-Jack is a bum! He has proved it over and over again. He has never shown a hint of brilliance, sure he's looked decent, but never brilliant like a true NFL starter should at this point in their career.

I was all aboard his bandwagon until last year. He came back much improved after his time on the bench, but he never threw down the "shock and awe" that Chili leads us to believe he has. He also failed miserably to show up for his true test that was the Philly game!

He's a bum, Chili's a bum and until Wilf see it as well, he too is a bum!

I really hope to be sitting at a big table full of crow come Janurary... I truely would love it! However, as history has proven time and again, I highly doubt it!

All I can hope for is we are either brutal or brilliant this year! I either want to chow on that crow and be stunned that we are a good team and we have a great coach with a great NFL mind with an equally great QB, or that I was right all along and we can look forward to the end of a failed experiment and the end of the Childress regime!

Skol Vikings!

Originally Posted By: zepman
That's some good logic Rick but it sounds like you're convinced the Vikes will adopt more of a wilcat offense than anything. Won't happen.

Actually it's more of the reverse and screen packages they can run now with Percman in the fold that says T-Jack is the starter. Couple that with the fact Loadholt needs work on his pass protection and you can bet they will be running a fair amount or short passes, including the reverses and draws, to start the year. It really does appear they are building the team for T-Jack not Sage.

If they were building it for Sage they would have taken Oher then a receiver to give Sage more time in the pocket so he could cut down on his interception ratio.

Im really confused as to how Jackson is the man based on reverses and screens?? How is a running QB better set to run these 2 plays???

They will be running short passes no matter who is at QB, that is the west coast offense.

Harvin is going to spend the majority of his time in the slot. Again, how is Jackson better set to get the ball to Harvin in the slot over Sage??? I think some people forget we won't be running the read option like they did in Florida with Tebow. And i don't think some people realize how much damage he did at Florida lined up as a reciever. They didnt draft Harvin to be some gadget guy who just runs reverses.

Harvin was drafted because the vikings decided to take a chance that they can keep an absolute game breaker in line and because they knew they could come back in the 2nd round and get a good tackle in Loadholt or Beatty. They got the most bang for their buck going this way rather than taking Oher and some possession reciever in the 2nd.

Pretty sure Sage was playing with a top 5 reciever down in Houston. Andre Johnson is an elite talent at wide reciever. T-jack has had lobster claws and not much else. When he played early last year Berrian had his turf toe issue and Shiancoe had borrowed Troys claws on Sundays.

I see you forgot to mention that Jackson had the luxury of tossing the ball behind a line that was heads and tails above the texans line and he was handing the ball to maybe the best RB in the game. Seems to me those 2 things should have helped his cause. 2 things Sage didnt have in Houston.....

here's how i see it....the better qb will be the starter and thats sage...he's a much more mature qb that this team needs right now...he can read defense's better..scan the field better..more accurate...better touch..ect.

andre johnson is one of the best wr's in the league forsure...you wouldn't be an [PoorWordUsage] if you thought he was the best in the league right now...he's double and tripled every week because its on the texans have and he still puts up monster numbers every week.

but their line is [PoorWordUsage], barely any running game until lately, no defense to speak of...if you put t-awesome on that team he probably wouldn't even be in the league anymore...atleast on a team like ours he can be a backup and possible starter someday.

sage has enough skill to win alot of games with this team...he won't have to try winning games single handedly and make unneccessary mistakes or to many big chances...but he will take chances and he has a big arm.

i hear everyone on the chilly thing but i thought it was cool he took a chance with percy...since he's been here we got some really good players in here thats forsure...through free agency, trade, and draft....we'll have to see how the season goes...if we go deep into the playoffs i say he should stay and i'm not even a chilly fan.

call me stupid but i also think sage could have a pro bowl type season...all the weapons to do it are in place....bombs away!!!

here's how i see it....the better qb will be the starter and thats sage...he's a much more mature qb that this team needs right now...he can read defense's better..scan the field better..more accurate...better touch..ect.

Thats exactly right. That is exactly why he'll be the starter.

This doesn't make sense. Neither one of the quarterbacks is our long term answer so I don't see how we were drafting with one or the other in mind. Sage is a better quarterback but we aren't building the team around either one.

Loadholt was the 2nd rated right tackle prospect in this draft and that is where we need help. Childress also let it be known that he liked Loadholt power and size. He's a better run blocker than Oher and I envision us becoming more of a power running team than a zbs team.

If you know anything about Sage and his time in Houston then you'd know most of his interceptions came from him trying to do to much not from him being under pressure. It's common knowledge. He's "considered" accurate but he tries to do to much sometimes.

I'm trying to figure out how the Vikings running a lot of reverses , draws, and short passes sets up TJack better than Sage.

I guess I could have just said Loadholt was a better fit than Oher. The reason we didn't pick Oher was because of Percys mile high ceiling and explosiveness. Besides if we'd have picked Oher he probably would have beat out McKinney and then we'd have a very expensive backup.

I wanted Oher to begin with but he just didn't quite fit.

u got it koonie thats what i'm talkin about...if you watch film on sage you can see he has skills and is accurate...he definatly tries to do way to much sometimes like in the colts game when he went from hero to zero in a few minutes lol...but they aren't even in that game without him and if he doesn't cough up the ball with the rosencopter they upset the colts...qb's have to try way to hard when they have no running game or defense to back them up....a qb on our team gets the luxary of having one of the better defenses in the whole league and the best running back in the game...it will make life a whole lot better for a guy.