• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasant Hunting

Rick

Blackjack,
Thanks for the help. It sounds like they are starting to group up for the winter from what I have heard. We have great dogs, and they love the catails. I am really looking forward to the trip. Did you guys hunt any treelines, or sorgum?
Zimm

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zimm, we hunted some shelterbelts and sunflowers left for a foodplot. The one shelterbelt was great because we had run a bunch of birds in there, the other one near the sunflowers was overhunted and didn't produce.

If the spots are smaller, spend a few minutes figuring it out and getting posters into position. Birds that have been hunted will flock out the far side if you don't have posters/blockers into position. It can end up being some wild shooting for both the drivers and the posters.

You should have some good hunting if some rain and snow develops. Let us know how you did.

Well today has come and in about 12 hours I will be on the road with zimm and 4 others. Haven't slept for days because of the excitement of the hunt. Both zimm and I will let you guys know how we did. Hopefully with good reports.

I am amazed that ND has not been mentioned for hunting. My father in law hunts out there south of Bismarck and figures it to be the best hunting he's ever found. Pheasants and sharps. It shouldn't be overlooked. How is the Jeffers area in MN look?

Spent 5 hours this a.m. hunting a few areas just south of Eden Valley. For the first 3 hours all we flushed were 3 hens frown.gif

Then walking a thicket along the side of some picked corn my dog started going nuts hen flushes, a minute later a rooster flushes - no chance for a shot because there are pine trees between us, lucky bird frown.gif

Thirty seconds later another rooster 20 yards out going straight away boom! boom! boom! I SUCK, at least that's the nice interpretation in dogspeak grin.gif

Anybody else?

Paul

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Pheasant hunters have shown enough enthusiasm in this topic to warrant their own full fledged forum.

Here it is:
http://fishingminnesota.com/cgi-bin/forums/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Pheasant&number=61&DaysPrune=60&LastLogin=

Enjoy.