• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gold Finch spotted !

Jim Almquist

Which tells me that they migrate in the fall up there. Here we have them all winter, and they are now almost completely changed in color. Its interesting what a difference a couple hundred miles can make. I have finally had the arrival of the ruby-crowned horde. (Thanks micpic. But you kept them long enough!)

The next species I always enjoy to have hanging around is the Rose Breasted Grosbeak and the Warblers. Soon

Me, too!!! Not before I get back from Washington, I hope. Do the Rose-Breasteds hang around for the summer there? That would be nice. Here they are just passing through. A lot of the warblers, as well. I have a slew of female purple finches right now. More than I have ever had. I keep hoping they will stay and nest and bump the house finches. But without any males, chances are slim I suppose? Maybe if the sharpies would teach them how to dance...

Speaking of Washington, can anyone tell me if I can stick my monopod in my checked suitcase? Or does it look like something suspicious?

The Rose Breasted will summer here as well as the Gold Finch's.

Quote:
tell me if I can stick my monopod in my checked suitcase? Or does it look like something suspicious?

That really should not be a problem or you could just carry it and put it in overhead storage.