• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog Food

bigdog

WOW, this Nurtisource must be some good stuff! I've been feeding my lab Purina Pro Plan, large breed formula and he does just fine on it. It's about $32 for 37.5 lbs so not too bad. It does have chicken by-product I'm aware, but also lots of chicken meat. I may have to switch....he's a lab so he'll eat anything!

I started my lab on Purina Pro Plan. After a couple of bags of puppy food, the supplier referred to Purina Pro Plan as "grocery store" food. She said there are better choices than Purina Plan Pro for the money.

YMMV. If your dog is doing fine on Purina Pro Plan, I say stick with it.

Marmot

[This message has been edited by Marmot (edited 10-14-2004).]

Feed my 16 month old Britt Purina One. Started with large breed puppy formula when I got him at five months old - partially as insurance against accelerated growth problems occassionally seen when using puppy formulas. Just recently down graded to regular puppy formula since I believe he is fully developed. I will probably switch to regular Purina One dog food next spring and summer when he is less active, then back to puppy formula for the fall hunting season. Not sure if all this makes sense...but so far he is energetic, alert, coat looks great, stools are few & hard and he doesn't seem to get tired in the field...the few times I've been able to get him out. That's my two cents worth!