• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm letting the cat out of the bag because they raised their tag price

NoodleSalad

winnebago indian reservation Raised Their Tag Prices.

Missouri bluff forest with untouched 4' dia oaks. Miles of open forest, mainly merriam/eastern hybreds. The most beautiful woods I've ever seen. I hunted there with the HS crew in 98. Literally 100s of birds on any given ridge. Nice white/buff tails. Find Souix Falls and Souix city and connect at a 90. You can camp anywhere and there is more birds than I've ever heard in my whole life. I may regret this but I'm true to my fellow MNs. Was 2 bird tag then, who knows now. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $160? 2 yrs ago. -fun fun fun -JD

The Winnebego Indian Res has been raising prices long before your '98 hunt with the HS crew. The first tag I bought was 10.00 and there were only 25 issued (late 80's); now that was awesome. After that first year there has been a steady increase in price and tags issued as well as two seasons; the first starting mid February ending mid April, the second beginning mid April ending mid May. The last I heard there were offering two season's and 75 tags per season (one tom limit)all first season licenses were a draw, second season tags were usually available over the counter. Intresting that you had 2 bird tags maybe it was a special deal the Res made with HS to film and advertise your hunts? I know the Drury's were there one year I hunted and they were allowed to hunt and film a couple days early. They (the Winnebego Indian Res) are their own nation after all and make up their own season's, limits, no of tags and prices. There is also the Santee Indian Reservation just to the south of Winnebego that offers turkey hunts as well. Historically the Santee sells less tags and are generally lower in price (thus harder to draw). None the less it is true both Reservations offer great turkey and deer hunting.

I lived in Sioux city until 3 years ago and had the pleasure of hunting winnebago and omaha (macy nebraska) reservations and you will never hunt a better place and hears so many different birds.They started with merriams and now have hybrids.I used to be good friends with tribal game warden John Earth (now deceased and things have changed.Tags started at $10.00 and have gone crazy.We used buy 5 to 10 tags a year, boy was it fun.If anyone needs info where to hunt I can help,I hunted ther for 20 years and have harvested over 40 birds there.

Hi Kevin hows it going down ther in gods country for turkey hunting?Kinda sucks up here.I have hunted turkeys for 20+ years and I am know figuring out how lucky I was living in sioux city.I have been here 3 years and getting a tag for the area and time you want is like hitting powerball.

What? The powerball?!?!? Ouch, geez things down here just keep getting better and better. No more having to go down to Mondamin Iowa as there are turk's all over the place along the river up to and past Sioux City. Not to mention a major population explosion at the family farm by Jackson Ne. There a person can buy up to three spring tags over the counter no draw. Well atleast you've got excellent fishing to fall back on, there's always a trade off or so it seem's. Take care and tell Terry hello the next time you talk to him. Kevin.

spitn, can a out of state person buy 3 tags over the counter? Do you know the cost for out of state Lic, are? So when do we go to the Farm! grin Leech~~

Yes a resident or non resident (which I am) can buy up to three tags this spring. For me a non resident it's 100.00 per tag so I don't think I will buy three.

While I would like to take freinds to the farm it's not rellay that big and we have a lot of uncles nephews and nieces that hunt it, so we must keep it a family only hunt. Kevin.