• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Jacksonville bass

Nope. To far for me. But its kind of funny because I just watched a fishing show Saturday morning on VS and thats where they were. Looked like some good fishing there.

Reid I haven't fished this lake in quite a few years and honestly don't remember that much about it, but I do know it has size regs. per IDNR. I'm a few hours north of the lake but in general for bass I would use a jig-pig setup shallow, slow in wood or rocks or a worm but these are just my confidence baits for spring. The last fishing report isn't much but here it is.

4/16 by Tom Holmes, Military Surplus Outlet 217-243-6161. Big bass biting, with the top five in recent tournament hauling in fish weighing 8.4 lbs or better. One other # listed was Lake Jacksonville Campground 217-479-4646, maybe a call would get you more updated info. ttg

Reid, this lake has min. size limits, Bass 15", Striped bass 17" Crappie 9" as well as daily creel limits. Alot of lakes in Il. have hp restrictions due to the size of the lake. I don't think this lake does but has a speed limit. If you go to IDNR, click I fish Il., click lakes, click region 4 and your lake it has maps and regs. Don't know if your bringing a boat,I think there is a launch fee, or if you can rent one or maybe hook up with a local guide. Might want to make a call or two to nose around and see that your options are. Temps should be around eighty but probably windy.

I think I might give this lake another try! ttg

Gotcha, no worries on the size limit, CPR only for me on bass. Yes, I heard there's a launch fee as well, varying based on motor size. It looks like there's plenty of cuts and bays to possibly escape the wind this weekend. Thanks for all the info. Can't wait to get there friday.