• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dog aspirin

who are those guy

I have heard that regular aspirin is hard on dogs stomachs. Is there a good OTC product for older dogs/soreness/pain relief? A vet had told me to start the dog on a certain pill daily througout hunting season (forgot name). I didnt want to give a daily pill w/o need and it costs $90 for the season.

I don't know if this is your answer but I had someone tell me for dogs with hips and joint problems to give the dog Glucosemine. He used it for his shoulder and was suppose to have surgery but after using it his shoulder was fine. He knew someone who gave it to their dog also. I believe it rebuilds cartilage. Anyway I told my best friend about it for his yellow lab and he said it definetly helped his dog.

------------------
Neiko

I take the stuff myself, and it helps.
I have heard of folks giving it to there dogs and it helps too.
Some foods have it in the ingredients.
I guess I've never thought of giving my dogs anything after a hunting trip, because their both young. Just kind of going by what others are saying I guess.