• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

opener reports?

goblueM

help a brother out, I was going to make it down near Rushford for opener but then my buddy bailed and a party at my house kept me up too late to make it worth driving down on no sleep.

How was the fishing? Anything hatching? I bet the pressure was nuts given the nice weather...

help a brother out, I was going to make it down near Rushford for opener but then my buddy bailed and a party at my house kept me up too late to make it worth driving down on no sleep.

How was the fishing? Anything hatching? I bet the pressure was nuts given the nice weather...

on thursday there was a big hendrickson hatch goin on the south fork of the root..

i wasn't able to get out either.. i had to work all weekend.. im probably goin out tomorrow.. monday everyone will be working.. i'll have streams all to my self.. though i usually do have streams to myself cuz i fish lesser fished areas

I caught a 21" female brown on a worm yesterday. Lip hooked and released to catch another day. Also caught a 13" rainbow stocker and kept that for the frying pan.

Sunday's catch

Might take my son to the Vermillion after dinner. Check out a new stretch that has been on my mind for a while.

Quote:
nice fish you got there. must do a lot of SE MN fishing... i need to get down there more often!

Honestly I spend more time in Western WI but felt compelled to fish MN for the opener. Set a tradition. Now that we have Jan 1 pre-season, perhaps the opener is less of an ordeal? I get to southeast a couple of times each month Jan-Feb, then the first Saturday in March rolls along and I go play in western WI more.