• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Notes from Minnow Lake

I live on Birch Lake. It's an incredibly beautiful body of water over 21 miles long and covering over 5000 acres. I haven't begun to tap the photo possibilities of it yet. But, there is another lake on the far side of my property, less than a five minute walk away that I haven't touched at all. I took a little recon walk late this afternoon and realize that I have to spend much more time exploring the gems this five acre pond has to offer.

On the way this fella gave me the raspberries:

ML-1.jpg

Many types of tree cover including red maple just getting ready to leaf out:

ML-2.jpg

At the lake itself were an incredible number or birds and animals. I took pix of herons, tree sparrows, mallards, a pileated and a couple I didn't identify, that didn't turn out well enough to post. I did get these:

ML-3.jpg

ML-6.jpg

There's a new beaver house about midway down the pond and I was able to get both an adult and a kit:

ML-4.jpg

ML-5.jpg

Lots of flora I don't see next to the big lake:

ML-7.jpg

ML-8.jpg

And on the way back this boy that slipped down off a log but stuck around long enough for me to grab a shot:

ML-9.jpg

My goal is to get over to this photo paradise a lot more over the coming months. Hope to have many more Notes from Minnow Lake!