• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IS Cuddy worth 7.66 million??

Mudcutter

I was wondering does the 3 Run BOMB Cuddy just hit in the bottom of the 1st in a tie game against the hottest team in baseball fall under mop-up, clutch or some other Batting stat????

KABOOM!

Edit: Hit #2 "laser double" raises Cuddy up to .283 for the moment!

Edit again: sharp single to center and a triple away from the cycle. Currently hitting .288, then again its a mop up game now!... grin

Edit: SHIZ-ZAM..its the CYCLE for Cuddy!!!!!!!!! .291 AVG..

I vote we keep him around for just a bit longer... at least until after he plays in this years All Start Game ... grin

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a fan of Cuddy and I think he earns his money in the field and in the locker room. I think The fact that the M & M brothers are back together and smashing the ball is the main reason Cuddy is doing better. Those two make everyone better, except maybe Punto grin

PB,

LOL, loved your post.....but, the "slammers" aren't talking right now. The Twin's really missed Cuddy's bat last year, and early this season, before he got the rust off his swing. Now look at the runs they are scoring, with a power bat behind M&M. Makes the pitching staff look a lot better, too. Crede gives them more depth from the right side, and a "mistake" gets hit a loooong way. I don't see Gardy changing the line-up anytime soon...... grin

As far as the original topic on this thread.....NO man is "worth" that kind of $. Not even the best player in the game (whoever you think that is), but with the competition for players and all the $ in the industry, you better pay a competetive salary to the good ones, if you want to improve your team. And YES, HE IS ONE OF THE GOOD ONES.

BTW, I was thinking this morning, how often a team has 2 people or same person hit for a cycle 2 times in a single season, then Yahoo (in an article on their site) answered my question- only one other time this decade has it happened- in 2003 teammates Vlad Guererro and Brad Wilkerson did it for the Expos.

2 Twins did it in 1976- Larry Hisle and Lyman Bostock. Very rare

he's playing very well again. seems that cuddy is a micro version of the entire team. he and the team can look so good at home but for some reason once they hit the road, it's a different story.

they just have to figure out how to play better on the road to make a serious run this year; and of course there's that little issue with the bullpen that needs to be addressed. don't suppose the rays would be interested in a do over on that little trade that occurred two years ago? heck, we could always throw in a heck of a defensive ss to sweeten the deal

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
why should I apologize?

2 months do not make a season

I knew you weren't apologizing.

You should have but I knew you wouldn't. So I did it for you and if you have to ask why... well never mind!

eggonface18fa24b5.jpg

and what if he slumps for the rest of the season or goes on the 60 day dl? then what?

pier, you better be careful or you are going to jinx him. weren't you one of those that was throwing out the eating crow comments last football season and then all of a sudden tjack had to face the eagles and suddenly it became mealtime for you? It's a long season yet and who knows how things will pan out. I know we are all cheering for the same outcome for the team though so guess comments thrown at each other here on the forum can all be just made in fun.