• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nungesser Fishing Reports

Thanks outfitter 17,you have a good season as well.

james walleye I hope that answered your question.

Have a great weekend.

weather looks better and the fishing will be outstanding.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin - As well as you can read my posts, if you read my HSOforum you will have a hard time finding any place on there where I have any vested interest in Lake St Joe. The lake was actually brought up first by another poster, not me. Outfitter17 is correct that when I say I have alot of guests that enjoy their trips on Lake St Joe, they come with me on other trips in the year and visit Old Post on another trip that they do(different business than mine). I would think that from my signature you mention, you could tell that I am not on Lake St Joe. Anyone that knows the area, knows there are not any smallmouth, crappie, or lakers there. I also offer whitetail hunts, and there is no deer hunting for NR in that area.

All I seen from you with TMF89's agenda is an anonymous poster that is jealous of you or your fishery. If you truely believe that, I would conatct the site administer as they can track the IP address of the poster and verify your theory and remove the poster. If that is what he is doing, I am on your side and hope they delete all his posts and don't allow any more posts and disclose his real identity to all.

Your apology is accepted.

i was at AK 2 years ago for the 'eye opener and the fishing was not good cause of the weather i could see the potential for some great fishing but will never return to anglers kingdom. The boats are a wonderful feature, but it could not overcome the horriable customer service. From the lost reservation of ours to cabins not ready for the other guest at the lodge and the heat did not work at all. The owner was not into the care of his guest didnt seem to check about conditions made light of the fact that the heat didnt work temps were in the 20's cause the water lines to the cabins froze. the meals were never on time and shore lunch kits were not ready for anyone! VERY DISAPPOINTED IN ANGLERS. Will try the lake again just not anglers kingdom.

Just got back last week form AK and while the weather did not do us well we still caught some great fish. Even got a 23" walleye on a Mag SuperD. Was a good time and Kevin was even there the entire time wink We will go back next year. This lake is responsible for my friends PB pike and walleye and also mine! Not many lakes near the USA with potential for 50" pike and 30"+++ walleye. JMO

James

I have been fishing Nungesser Lake since 1980.

The fishing has improved dramatically in the last 15 years.

In my opinion, considering the cost, you can't find better walleye and northern fishing, including fly-in destinations.

Within my group, which has included as many as 18 guys, virtually all of us have caught 30" walleyes and 45" northerns. But, then, we have had the advantage of fishing opening week for almost 30 years. An "advantage", if you don't mind sharing the lake with ice (frozen lake 6 times since '96) and this year, 12-14" of snow. And, yes, when the water temp is 40 degrees, the key to big northerns is dead bait / bobbers, although I have caught a few monters casting. (The muskie fisherman in me.)

All I can personally say about AK is that they have nice boats/motors. Not sure how they pay for those beautiful rigs with a 3-4 month season but then, that is none of my concern.

I haven't seen any campers on Nungesser for 20 years. And, it would be mighty tough to make a day trip in and out of Nungesser, due to the lengthy river ride and portage. Take hours to get there and then where to go when confronted by a 30 mile lake? Could hardly scratch the surface and it would be time to leave.

Crowded? The lake is enormous. Have I seen 15 boats in one bay? Yes, all catching big walleyes. I have also ridden 15 miles without seeing a single boat.

I rate Nungesser A+. I'll make my annual fly-in trip in August and with luck, I might catch a small fraction of the qualtiy / quantity which Nungesser annually produces.

Good Fishin'.

bubblehead

On the Nungesser Road, there is, of course, Nungesser. You can't miss it. The access is right at the bridge. From what the MNR tells me, bring a set of portage wheels. 4 miles down river and you will find a short portage over a set of falls leading into Nungesser.

On the road before you get to Nungesser, there is Cali Lake. It has a public access with a campground on it. Have never fished it but am told it is a very good lake to fish. Rates are very reasonable. It is right where the pavement ends on the road. If you can find the old canadian atlas site that was shown here last year, you can see a road before the Cali Lake turn where you can take a left down a forest road and get to a river that will take you to two different lakes. I forget the names but would like to check it out.

Past Nungesser and way to the end of the road is Stormer Lake. I have friends who run a Christian camp on it and we stayed there a couple of years ago. There is also a camp on the lake. Don't know about a public access. It is a great lake. Small but very good. Connects to lake by a narrow channel. Kirkness is the name of the lake and it is good sized. Very good fishing as well.

At the end of the road is a river you can get on and there are fish there as well. Have never been there but I hear the fishing is good.

If you need anything more, Mike at the MNR gave me a ton of information last year. He is in Red Lake.

Hope it helps.

Thought of another area as well. Just before Ear Falls you can run down a road to Manitou Falls. There is a public access on the English River where you can go up to Camping Lake or you can head down the road to fish at the face of the dam. Great fishing at the dam and then you can head down river to about 3 or 4 lakes. You have to be careful at the first set of rapids but it is not bad. I have been on trips when we pull 100 fish in 3 hours. No lie. Lots of spots along the river. Get a map, down the road lies more but I have never been to the end of the road.

There is also the Lount Lake Road out of Kenora. Lount Lake Road runs for miles and there are lots of lakes on it. I am trying to get into Direct Lake yet but there are many others. Far too many roads and lakes to go through.

Thanks for the feedback. My Buddy was up at Caribu lake near Armstron last fall, and he seems to think that's where we should go. Doesn't sound like much of an adventure to me, but have got to consider his input too. We do the Camper on a pickup thing, so don't need to go to a camp. Just a boat landing will work. Any idea where to get a GOOD map that has some detail to it?

Bubblehead

Have never seen a good map showing things like that. There is an old map on here of Canada (http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/maps/topo/map). I use this in zoomed in mode to look for stuff. If you type in the name of a lake it will take you there. Never found a good map of campgrounds and the like though.

Again, the Lount Lake road and the Manitou Falls roads are very long and have lots of lakes on them. The Manitou Falls road has nice turn offs that are old logging roads. Good fishing down there on the English River and other lakes. Lount Lake Road seems to run forever. Could explore that one for days. The Gold Road out of Ear Falls that runs over the north end of LacSeul could be a start off point as well. I have friends that have a cabin up the Woman River and it is a trip up there with little traffic. They run north off the Gold Road up to a couple of different landings on the Woman River.

Thanks for the info fishnut. The way I look at it, making the trip is half the adventure. If all I wanted to do was sit in a boat and hold a fish pole, I won't worry as much about where I was headed. Do you know if any of the Topo maps some of these places sell show any of that info (landings, logging roads etc)??? Or is there anybody I can call that might be able to enlighten me? My wife has accused me many times of not knowing where I was going, but I usaully have some kind of idea of what country I'm in. We call ourselves "Sven & Ole's Outdoor Adventures" "We may not know where we are, BUT You don't either"

gas+haul+2010.jpg

Hi I hauled a thousand gallons of gas by atv across the ice on Nungesser lake yesterday April 7. There is about a foot of good ice. It was cold all day so no danger. I had a floatation suit and dock billets strapped to the bike just in case, but had no problems. Not that I'm recommending doing this type of thing.

Just wanted to point out that it looks like we will be boating into camp about April 25. Of course a lot depends on the weather.

I will keep you updated as things progress.

P1010197.JPG

I was out to camp today.

Ice is out

looks like it went out friday or saturday during that northwest wind we had.

took some pics will post tommorrow.

took a quick look at coli creek

about 10000 suckers in there

a few big pike

lots of pike in the spawning areas but no monsters.

looks like the pike spawn is done.

makes sense had lots of sunny days in the past week.

looks like 10 days from hauling fuel to ice out?????

Hi Folks

I'm going to try to post fishing reports through out the entire summer.

so here goes.

So far the walleye seem to be in all the typical spots.

Definitely ahead of past years but just think of what the fishing would be like a few weeks ahead and you won't have any problem. The Dragon flies came out Wednesday, the Tiger Swallowtail Butterflies (Yellow butterfly for short) are out.

So that means????___that the shiners will spawn in a few days.

Which means???____that the pike and walleye will be in the shallow reeds near creek mouths.

Have fun.

Any black flies will be quickly taken care of by the dragon flies.

Of course there are almost zero mosquitoes here on the island because it is all sand so there is no standing water which equals no mosquittoes. yahoo!!!

PetYellButterfly3.jpg

RON AND DAN CONTINUE TO HAMMER THEM

Greens narrows, Eagle nest and all over North bay are loaded with 24 -26 inch walleye in 3-10 feet of water. Of course there are plenty of littles one as well.

Thursday afternoon Ron landed a beautiful 40 inch pike, which he pulled out of the edge of the reed line.

Then in the evening Ron got a nice 38 inch pike.

Carl had a HUGE walleye follow his rapala just like a Pike he figures it was well over 30 inches.

the guys finished up saturday with half a dozen 26-28 inch walleye and a 39 inche pike. I believe each acheived their personal biggest walleye and maybe pike.

DIXIE MOORE CATCHES HER LARGEST PIKE EVER.

Dixie Moore caught a 43 inch Pike, her largest pike ever.

I wish we had it on video from the stories they told and the excitement still bubbling over when they returned for dinner I'm sure the video would have been fun to watch.

Dixies+Biggest+ever+Pike+Anglers+Kingdom

There were several good comments, apparently the fun started when they went for the net and realized it was hanging nicely in the cabin and then something about throwing the ___ needle nose pliers overboard. Then there was all that blood on the floor of the boat (and it wasn't the fishes). It was still there when they left camp (without their rod case) and will most likely still be there when Dixie gets back to Iowa.

CAL Wicklander has been fishing Canada for 30 years and was amazed by the number of big walleye. His comment " where I used to fish I caught hundreds of 15 inch walleye. At Anglers Kingdom I can't remember catching ONE that small., What a walleye lake".

Monday May 17

Dave Moore got a nice 28 inch walleye his wife Dixie beat him on the numbers.

Dan and Ron had a bunch of 24-27 inch in 2-10 feet of water. I put em on a weedline where the wind was blowing in an let em go.

"we couldn't keep the off" was Rons comment.

The caught walleye casting jigs with twisters, trolling spinner rigs, and trolling cranks.

The also had a BIG pike but couldn't land her.

Couldn't get Cal to leave the honey hole.

cu+head.jpg

P1010140.JPG

Hayden and I got a bunch of walleye all over.

June 26-July3

6/26

Showers all day, with winds blowing from the East. Water was at 60 F.

Darryl from cabin 3 caught a 23 ½” Walleye using gulps. They had a total of 61 fish.

Chuck and Paul Shubert had 44 total, fished a ¼ day. Used leaches and plastic baits(gulps)

Don Nemer fished a ¼ day, and later went out at night. Caught 2 pike 30 and 34”. Had a total of 47 Walleye.

Randy Ridlon and group caught 73 walleye the biggest 26”, and 3 pike 30”, 29, 31

6-27

Early showers, hard wind from the north east. Sun came up later in the afternoon.

Darryl and his brother Dan caught 34, 37” pike, and 38 walleye.

Chuck and Paul Shubert caught a 30” pike with “shakedown lures” and 30 walleye the biggest being 25”.

Don Nemer and group caught only 20 walleye the biggest 25” , and 6 pike

Randy Ridlon and group caught 79 walleye, 23” the biggest

6-28

Morning clouds, cleared by the afternoon with sunny sky but still a little chilly. Mild wins blowing from the east.

Don Nemer and group went sight seeing, and so only caught 3 walleye and 1 northern.

David and Bradley Joseph went out with Dennis Kellner and had a good day. 65 walleye the biggest being 24 ½” . David had a walleye on when a huge pike took two swipes at it before diving deeper.

Chuck and Paul Shubert caught 24 walleye, the biggest was 27”

Randy Ridlon group caught 172 walleye, with half a dozen bigger than 23” the biggest being 25”. Still having success with the minnow gulps.

6/29

Clear skies all day long. Warm with low to no winds.

Chuck and Paul Shubert went out with Dennis today. Caught 66 walleye with the biggest at 25”

David and Bradley caught 86, their largest coming in at 24”

Randy and Darryl’s group caught 161, the largest being 25 ½” .

Dons Group caught 28, 23” the largest.

6/30

Clear Skies with strong winds blowing from the north east. Rocky waters. Water temperature at 63 F. Late showers.

Chuck and Paul went out with Dennis again, Paul had an exceptional day, pulling in his biggest walleye so far at 26”. Their total was 87

David and Bradley brought in a total of 138 walleye, with the largest at 25. Using gulps and spinners

Randy and Darryl’s group came in with 167, the biggest at 26. Using leach gulps, and crawlers

Dons Group caught a total of 57

7/1

Early overcast with strong winds blowing from the east. 3 to 4 foot swells, pretty rough.

Chuck and Paul again went out with Dennis, caught some nice sizes including Paul’s 35” pike for a total of about 150.

David and Bradley brought in about 120 walleye, the largest at 23”. Bradley also caught a 32” pike by the sisters.

Randy and Darryl’s group had a slow morning but picked up in the afternoon with some good sizes including their biggest at 27” for a total of 187

Dons Group caught a total of 87, Dom caught the biggest Pike of his trip at 34”

June 26-July3

6/26

Darryl from cabin 3 caught a 23 ½” Walleye using gulps. They had a total of 61 fish.

Chuck and Paul Shubert had 44 total, fished a ¼ day. Used leaches and plastic baits(gulps)

Don Nemer fished a ¼ day, and later went out at night. Caught 2 pike 30 and 34”. Had a total of 47 Walleye.

Randy Ridlon and group caught 73 walleye the biggest 26”, and 3 pike 30”, 29, 31

6-27

Early showers, hard wind from the north east. Sun came up later in the afternoon.

Chuck and Paul Shubert caught a 30” pike with “shakedown lures” and 30 walleye the biggest being 25”.

6-28

Morning clouds, cleared by the afternoon with sunny sky but still a little chilly. Mild wins blowing from the east.

Don Nemer and group went sight seeing, and so only caught 3 walleye and 1 northern.

David and Bradley Joseph went out with Dennis Kellner and had a good day. 65 walleye the biggest being 24 ½” . David had a walleye on when a huge pike took two swipes at it before diving deeper.

Randy Ridlon group caught 172 walleye, with half a dozen bigger than 23” the biggest being 25”. Still having success with the minnow gulps.

6/29

Chuck and Paul Shubert went out with Dennis today. Caught 66 walleye with the biggest at 25”

6/30

Clear Skies with strong winds blowing from the north east. Rocky waters. Water temperature at 63 F. Late showers.

Chuck and Paul went out with Dennis again, Paul had an exceptional day, pulling in his biggest walleye so far at 26”. Their total was 87

David and Bradley brought in a total of 138 walleye, with the largest at 25. Using gulps and spinners

Randy and Darryl’s group came in with 167, the biggest at 26. Using leach gulps, and crawlers

7/1

Early overcast with strong winds blowing from the east. 3 to 4 foot swells, pretty rough.

Chuck and Paul again went out with Dennis, caught some nice sizes including Paul’s 35” pike for a total of about 150.

David and Bradley brought in about 120 walleye, the largest at 23”. Bradley also caught a 32” pike by the sisters.

Randy and Darryl’s group had a slow morning but picked up in the afternoon with some good sizes including their biggest at 27” for a total of 187

Dave+24.5+in+-+28+June.jpgDSC_0035+%282%29.JPGP6250170.JPGSammy+Pike.jpgJack+Pike+3.jpgJack1.jpgJack+Pike+1.jpgSam+Walleye.jpg

June 26-July3

6/26

6-27

6-28

6/29

6/30

7/1

7/3

Sunny and calm in the early morning until about 10am. Sudden storm that took off a few dozen trees within a matter of minutes, the storm also lasted about 15minutes. Strong winds from the east with water temperature at 67 F. Clear skies in the evening with subtle to no winds.

Dan from cabin 6 went out after the heavy storm to eagles nest and caught about 47 walleye, the biggest at 20”

Craig and his group got in about 4pm and went out for a few hours and caught a few dozen. No doubt is was a slow day due to the heavy storm. Things should pick up tomorrow.

IMG_5467.JPGDSCN1789.JPG

Dave+24.5+in+-+28+June.jpgDSC_0035+%282%29.JPGP6250170.JPG

Sammy+Pike.jpgJack+Pike+3.jpgJack+Pike+1.jpgJack1.jpg

June 12 -19 2010

Saturday June 12- Rainy and cool with winds from the northeast

Dennis Kellner the "Walleye Wizard" arrived saturday and wasted little time catching his first 40 inch pike of the year. He rounded things out with several hudred walleyes throughout the week.

"They were in 13-18 feet for the most part. Points and bays. "

change over day

Sunday June 13- a bit of the same. Rainy with slight winds from the east.

Dennis the "Walleye wizard" got a 40 inch pike on his first day of fishing.

Monday- June 14 was clear and calm

by all accounts the fishing was slow

However the Walleye Wizard continued to hammer the walleye, boating about 75. Not bad for a slow post cold front day.

Tuesday June 15- Clear skies all day, slight winds from the north

Tom Banger and his group with 24'',25'' and 26'' walleye.

Tom Bangert, Kurt Brueninig and Mike Enge

“We didn't catch 3 fish under 23 inches today and we caught over 50.

The three of us probably caught 150 over 23 inches this week

the biggest was 26.

Hundreds of smaller ones.

mostly 12 to 20 feet once in a while we'd get one in 8

the "S -turn" was the most productive.

the Biggest came from north of "The Wall"

All along the face of that bay every pass

And if didn't get a bite all I had to do is start the motor

It was fun, we spent all day there and it was out of the wind

(wind was East and South)

Even in these nice big boats I didn't want to be out in the wind today."

Wednesday June 16- Overcast with some rain in the afternoon. Water temp at 65 F. Calm to some strong winds.

Ken Nichols

I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for a great week at Angler's Kingdom. We found the staff to be courteous and attentive. The boats were large and well equiped and the fishing was excellent. John and I have been going to lodges in the states and Canada since 1984 and you are the first that actually gave us a guided tour of the lake. I am trying to get my son-in-law and another buddy to join us on our next trip. Thanks again and have a successful season.

Thursday June 17

Steady winds from the east. Overcast with water temperature at 63 F. Tom and his group caught 77 walleye, the largest at 23.

Friday June 18

Moderate to rain with winds from the north east, water temperature at 62 F

Here are the pics from our trip.

Jack (age 14) with a pair of nice pike. 41" and a 42" fatty.

Jack with a 29"walleye caught the last night on a muskie killer crankbait fishing a windy point in 7 feet of water.

Sam (age 9) with the best pike of his life.

Gage also caught his biggest pike this week.

Another fella in our group caught two 45" pike within 30 minutes. He was shortline trolling in the propwash of the motor on both of them!

Have a good season!

Todd DeMoss

Sammy+Pike.jpgJack+Pike+3.jpgJack1.jpg

Jack+Pike+2.jpgSam+Walleye.jpgJack+Pike+1.jpg

June 12 -19 2010

Saturday June 12- Rainy and cool with winds from the northeast

Dennis Kellner the "Walleye Wizard" arrived saturday and wasted little time catching his first 40 inch pike of the year. He rounded things out with several hudred walleyes throughout the week.

"They were in 13-18 feet for the most part. Points and bays. "

change over day

Sunday June 13- a bit of the same. Rainy with slight winds from the east.

Dennis the "Walleye wizard" got a 40 inch pike on his first day of fishing.

Monday- June 14 was clear and calm

by all accounts the fishing was slow

However the Walleye Wizard continued to hammer the walleye, boating about 75. Not bad for a slow post cold front day.

Tuesday June 15- Clear skies all day, slight winds from the north

Tom Banger and his group with 24'',25'' and 26'' walleye.

Tom Bangert, Kurt Brueninig and Mike Enge

“We didn't catch 3 fish under 23 inches today and we caught over 50.

The three of us probably caught 150 over 23 inches this week

the biggest was 26.

Hundreds of smaller ones.

mostly 12 to 20 feet once in a while we'd get one in 8

the "S -turn" was the most productive.

the Biggest came from north of "The Wall"

All along the face of that bay every pass

And if didn't get a bite all I had to do is start the motor

It was fun, we spent all day there and it was out of the wind

(wind was East and South)

Even in these nice big boats I didn't want to be out in the wind today."

Wednesday June 16- Overcast with some rain in the afternoon. Water temp at 65 F. Calm to some strong winds.

Ken Nichols

I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for a great week at Angler's Kingdom. We found the staff to be courteous and attentive. The boats were large and well equiped and the fishing was excellent. John and I have been going to lodges in the states and Canada since 1984 and you are the first that actually gave us a guided tour of the lake. I am trying to get my son-in-law and another buddy to join us on our next trip. Thanks again and have a successful season.

Thursday June 17

Steady winds from the east. Overcast with water temperature at 63 F. Tom and his group caught 77 walleye, the largest at 23.

Friday June 18

Moderate to rain with winds from the north east, water temperature at 62 F

Here are the pics from our trip.

Jack (age 14) with a pair of nice pike. 41" and a 42" fatty.

Jack with a 29"walleye caught the last night on a muskie killer crankbait fishing a windy point in 7 feet of water.

Sam (age 9) with the best pike of his life.

Gage also caught his biggest pike this week.

Another fella in our group caught two 45" pike within 30 minutes. He was shortline trolling in the propwash of the motor on both of them!

Have a good season!

Todd DeMoss

Sammy+Pike.jpgJack+Pike+3.jpgJack1.jpgJack+Pike+1.jpgSam+Walleye.jpg

June 19-26 2010 Report

Saturday 19- sunny with highs in the mid 70s with water temperature in the 60s. Winds blowing from the east.

Sunday 20- slight overcast with winds changing direction from east to north east. Water temperature at a steady 66 F. Walleye hitting in the shallows from 5 to 10 ft on shiners. Rick Sayer and his group caught roughly 80 walleye altogether. Neal Mcamis group still working hard on the pike

Monday 21- cloudy am, clear by the evening. Water at 65 F. Hayden, Belinda, Dennis and I were catching walleye in 5-7 feet on the sand flats. Fished behind the 3 sisters 18 feet, big hump 14 ft , jacks hump 12 ft and windy point 16ft - all had fish on them but they were biting very light.

went thru 4 dozen shiners and as many crawlers.

Tuesday 22- Slight overcast through out the day. Winds from the North East at 10mph. Water Temp at 64 F. Neil’s group brought in about 86 walleye, but are still looking for that monster. Rick and his group caught 97 with their largest at 25.

Wednesday 23- Clear skies all day, slight wind from the east. Neils group caught about 120 walleye the largest at 22”

Rick and his group brought in 98 walleye.

Thursday, June 24

Had a great fathers day

Debra, Seanna and Hayden were up for the weekend

One more week until school is out.

We went out and caught GIGI some walleye

we caught a dozen walleye but went thru 4 dozen minnows doing it.

Lot's of misses and stolen minnows.

nothing big but lots of fun.

When I was driving Deb and Seanna down the river we came up on a Cow and calf moose

I wish I had the video camera

the sun was shining on the calf standing a few yards away, it was awesome

The cow went in the bush, the calf was still swimming across the river

I waited until it's feet were touching bottom then called it.

the calf stopped and looked at us for quite a while.

then the cow called and the calf scooted into the bush.

we could clearly here the little sqeeking calls from the calf and the cow calls.

then they both ran out a few yards down from us.

I called and they both stopped and looked at us

It was obvious they didn't want to stay on that side of the river.

I figured it was wolves or a bull.

but she ran back in anyways.

we sat and talked about it

Seanna and Hayden were pretty excited about it.

Debra admitted that she had always thought I was cracked when I made moose calls in the past but after hearing them live she had upgraded my mental state.

soon I heard a bull call a few yards to our right.

after everyone quieted down they all heard a disticnt bull call.

that was the reason the cow did not want to be on that side of the river.

Carlos got some great video of the Eagles will share asap.

The Arnold Group 7 adults 9 children have been having a great trip

"catching walleye pretty much everywhere. They were in 6-8 feet on Saturday"

They were catching them in 18-20 feet Sunday.

didn't even need any bait. I was cloudy in the am cleared by late morning and then thunder storms by late evening.

fish were biting very lite.Took Frank down to get some pics of the Eagles

Had them within 20 yards of the boat about a dozen times.

they were dive bombing 2 at a time.

Frank had a good camera with an excellent lens

He should have gotten some excellent photos.

will share them with you.

Friday 25

Hayden,Belinda, Dennis and I were catching walleye in 5-7 feet on the sand flats.

Dennis commented how hard the walleye were hitting on saturday and Sunday.

Fished behind the 3 sisters 18 feet, big hump 14 ft , jacks hump 12 ft and windy point 16ft - all had fish on them but they were biting very light.

went thru 4 dozen shiners and as many crawlers.

Fed 12 to the Eagles and took a few limits to my Mom

Was in town myself tues and wed.

fish fry for mom and my aunts.

Dennis reports the walleye still in 5-7 feet on the flats except during the dead calm periods mid day.

As long as there was some wind they were shallow all day.

Caught "lots and lots" were his exact words.

nothing huge about 25 inches

Belinda caught a "huge" pike off the dock but didn't get any pictures????

Neal Mcamis group still working hard on the pike

They had some success will get details.

"We got some good quality fish but not the numbers we would have liked"

changed over severall groups on thursday.

Rod Friese group

Butch Bjorlin

and Peter Wi all arrived thursday.

will update asap.

Dennis Kelner and Jim Wolf

"got a bunch" (he is a man of few words)

of walleye including some nice 25 ,26 inchers in 10-12 feet off of "Eagle nest"

photos to follow.

Friday dead calm all day mile high sky. thunder storms in the distance but none imminent.

William Bjorlin caught a 42 inch pike with Dennis on Eagle nest today

walleye were in 11-14 for them.

DSC_0035+%282%29.JPGP6250170.JPG100_1103.JPGDSCF0002.JPGDSCF0007.JPGIMG_0032.JPG

June 26-July3

6/26

6-27

6-28

6/29

6/30

7/1

7/3

Sunny and calm in the early morning until about 10am. Sudden storm that took off a few dozen trees within a matter of minutes, the storm also lasted about 15minutes. Strong winds from the east with water temperature at 67 F. Clear skies in the evening with subtle to no winds.

Dan from cabin 6 went out after the heavy storm to eagles nest and caught about 47 walleye, the biggest at 20”

Craig and his group got in about 4pm and went out for a few hours and caught a few dozen. No doubt is was a slow day due to the heavy storm. Things should pick up tomorrow.

July 3-10, 2010

7/3

7/4

Morning overcast with slight sprinkles in the afternoon from 1 to 5pm. Clear skies by 5:30pm. Subtle winds from the northeast, water temperature at 68 F.

Craig and Jims group did a lot better catching about 93 walleye, the biggest at 23”

Jim from cabin 2 had about 72 with the biggest coming in at 21”

Dan went out with Dennis and Carlos for a half day and hauled in 38 with the largest at 22” and had a few pike.

Bruce and his group from cabin 1 had about 80.

7/5

Scattered clouds during the day, clear skies by the afternoon with some warm weather and a nice breeze from the north to cool off. Water temperature at 68 F.

Dan, Dennis, and Carlos went out with Kevin today. Had some ok numbers just not the usual monsters. Kevin hooked a walleye and as he was reeling it in a northern came and took a swipe at it, then came back and swallowed half of it.

Craig's group had an ok day hauling in roughly 47 walleye.

Jim from cabin 2 also had an ok day with about 34 walleye.

Bruce and his group had about 38 walleye

7/6

Minor clouds in the am, with threats of rain in the afternoon. Moderate to strong winds blowing from the south causing some 2 to 4 foot waves.

Dan went out to the wall and had about 43 walleye.

Craigs group had a rough day due to the winds, but managed to catch around 67, the largest at 20”

Calvin went out with Jim today and hauled in about 50 with the largest at 22”

Bruce and Dans group had an ok day, with 60 walleye, and a few northerns .

7/7

Scattered clouds throughout the day with strong winds from the northeast. It was a nice day, however, not too hot and just perfect temperature for a day of fishing. Water temperature was at 68 F.

Dan, and Belinda went out with Kevin today to fish out by the wall and the sand flats. Had success in both spots catching about a dozen walleye over 24". Hauled in a total of about 87 the biggest at 28"

Craig and Jim's group had a good day, with roughly about 90, with the biggest at 22".

Dennis "The Walleye Wizard" had the day off.

Jim from cabin 2 had a good day as well, bringing in 68 the largest at 24"

Bruce, Fred, Dave and Rick also had good fishing today, bringing in about 80 with a few northerns.

7/8

Skies clear in the am, however, dark clouds moved in quickly with threats of rain. Slight sprinkles but nothing major. Mild winds blowing from the north west.

Dan went out to the wall again and fished the “flats” for a bit, had a good day, bringing in about 39, the largest at 22”

Craig and Jims group had an ok day, fishing out of North bay, they hauled in about 77 walleye, with the biggest coming in at 21”

Jim from cabin 2 had a good day, bringing in about 40 the biggest at 22”

Bruce, Fred, Dave and Rick had a good day, bringing in roughly 97, they fished wolf island and the narrows. Fished with gulps mostly.

7/9

Scattered clouds throughout the day, with nice sunshine from time to time and a cool breeze to go along with it. Water temperature was at 69F. The fish were hitting at a depth of 15 to 20 feet.

Dan, Carlos, and Dennis went out to the flats, bringing in about 28 walleye, then hit the wall for a total of about 58 and a couple pike. Dan hauled in a 25” at the wall

Craig and Jims group went out to north baby and jacks hump bringing in roughly 87 the biggest at 22’’ using gulp minnows and leaches

Bruce, Dave, Rick, and Fred had a good day, catching about 120 the larges at 23” using live leeches.

Jim went out with Calvin and brought in about 78 with the largest at 23” using minnows

album_pic.php?pic_id=8443Dan+with+a+big+nungesser+lake+walleye+AnBelinda+with+a+huge+Nungesser+lake+walleHugeWalleyeCaught+At+Nungesser+Lake+AnglHugeWalleyeCaught+%40+Nungesser+Lake+Ang26%27%27TrophyWalleye+Caught+At+NungesseHuge+Walley+Caught+at+Nungesser+Lake+AngTrophy+Walleye+%40+Nungesser+Lake+Angler27%27%27TrophyWalleye+%40+AnglersKingdomGiantPike+%40Nungesser+Lake+AnglersKingd24%27%27TrophyWalley%40AnglersKingdom+NuHaving+Fun+At+AnglersKingdomNungesser+Lake.JPG

July 10-17 2010

7/10

Scattered clouds in the am. Showers by the afternoon. Calvin went out with Jim to windy point and brought in 94, the biggest at 24”

7/11

Clear skies in the am. Light showers in the afternoon with clear skies by 6pm. Wind blowing pretty hard from the north east. Causing some 2 to 4 foot waves.

David and his family had a slow day, catching about 47 walleye, with the biggest at 20"

Bruce and Lorie went out with Dennis "The Walleye Wizard" and had about 35 with a few pike

Doug and Bob's group brought in about 53.

Brian and Chad's group from cabin five had about 68, the largest at 24"

7/12

Clear am, scattered clouds in the afternoon and evening. Nice sunshine with cool breeze to compliment it. Winds blowing from the south east, water temperature at 69 F.

Denny Burns and Carlos went out with Kevin had about 50 walleye and 35” pike fishing out of north and south bay.

Dave and his family had about 67 fishing out of wolf island and the three sisters. His son hauled in a nice 26” walleye near wolf island.

Doug and Bobs group came in with about 50.

Brian and Chad’s group had about 72 the largest at 22”

Bruce and Lorie again went out with the “wizard” and had a good day, catching lots of healthy 15 to 20” walleye

7/13

Clear am with strong winds blowing from the east, causing some big waves. Wind continued thorough out the evening. Water temperature was at 65F.

Bruce and Lorie went out with the “wizard” to north bay for a half day and brought in about 40, the biggest at 22”

David and his family went out with Kevin today and had a good day, brought in about 87 with a few pike. They also had a nice bundle of eaters for an great shore lunch. Kevin had a walleye, and again, a huge pike came and took hold of it, then let go.

Brian and Chad’s group hauled in about 137, with the largest at 23”

Doug and Bob’s group had a good day, catching 120 the biggest at 23 ½” and a few pike as well.

7/14

Strong winds blowing from the south east causing some 2 to 4 foot swells. Heavy Rain with some hail from noon to about 6pm.

Brian and Chad’s group caught 100 with the biggest at 24 ¼”

Doug and Bobs group brought in about 120 the largest at 22”

David and Family went out to the flats and had about 80, the biggest at 22”.

Bruce and Lorie went out with Dennis to North Bay and had about 78. Using minnows and anchoring up.

7/15

Rain throughout the day with mild winds blowing from the south east. Water temperature at 66 F.

Doug and Bob’s group went out for a few hours in the morning and caught about 37 before coming in due to the weather. Mainly fishing with jig heads an minnows.

Bruce, Lorie, and the wizard stayed in for the day.

Brian and Chad’s group (the die hards) went out despite the weather and brought in about 120 the biggest at 24”, using mainly minnows on spinner rigs. They also caught a few pike using suckers.

7/16

Light rain throughout the day and evening. Winds blowing from the east. Water temperature at a constant 63 F.

Doug and Bobs Group went out to the flats and hauled in 67, the largest at 22”. They mainly used spinners and gulps. Also had some nice pike, with one coming in at 40”

Bruce, Lorie, and the wizard went out to the three sister for a half day, brought in about 37 walleye using minnows.

Brian and Chad’s group went out and fished the north and south bays bringing in about 140 with the biggest at 25”. and a few pike the biggest at 40”. Using suckers, minnows, and crank baits.

7/17

Overcast throughout the day with mild winds from the north east. Clear skies by the afternoon. Water temperature at 64 F.

Seanna+Geary+huge+walleye+Nungesser+LakeKevin+Geary+Trophy++Walleye+Ontario+NungJim+Wolf+visit+fishing+for+maps+dvds+vidDennis+Kelner+visit+fishing+for+maps+dvdBruce+Nash+nice+walleye+visit+fishing+foIMG_2914.JPG

July 17-24

7/17

Overcast throughout the day with mild winds from the north east. Clear skies by the afternoon. Water temperature at 64 F.

7/18

Scattered clouds throughout the day, with occasional sunshine. Clearer skies in the late afternoon and evening. Soft winds from the south east with water temperature at 67 F.

We fished a 14-18 foot flat coming out of 35 feet of water. We caught a bunch of nice eaters.

Seanna had a 40 inch pike right up to the boat but it got off the hook.

that slowed the walleye for about a half hour

then had a 30 minute frenzy with several 20-4, three 26 inch walleye, a 27 and 28 1/2

All in all a pretty good couple of hours. Last Wednesday Seanna had a 35 inch pike come out of the water 3 times chasing her walleye.

while it was doing that the other walleye started biting like crazy.

A few minutes later another pike over 40 inches grabbed a different walleye, it let go beside the boat. 5 minutes later a third pike about 33 inches grabbed her walleye.

None held on long enough to land but Seanna was thrilled.

Every time the pike were busy the walleye fed voraciously.

In the past week I counted 12 different pike attacks on walleye.

The Wolosak group had one they figure went over 50 inches grab a walleye and get right close to the boat. ( last year they had a big pike go after a 27 inch walleye they were netting and ended up in the net) I was releasing Belindas twenty eight (28) inch walleye and had a big pike come up and grab it.

7/19

Showers in the am with scattered clouds in afternoon. Showers resumed by 5pm. Mild winds from the north east.

7/20

scattered clouds throughout the day with light showers by the evening. Wind blowing from the north east. water temperature at 64 F.

Tim and Jim had a good day fising out of the sand flats and bringing in about 130 the largest at 25 using jig heads and minnow gulps.

Ron and his family had about 67 the larges at 22" using minnows and crawlers. Also had a few pike. fished out of jacks hump.

7/21

Clear skies in the am with some scattered clouds in the afternoon with a little humidity. Mild winds from the north. Water temperature at 66F.

Ron and his family went out with Kevin today and had some good numbers. Plenty of eaters and the occasional size.

Tim and Jim had a great day hauling in about 137 walleye, the largest at 24" and a few pike, using spinners, minnows, and worms.

7/22

Scattered clouds in the am and throughout the day. Mild winds from the north. Water temperature at 67 F.

Ron and his family went out to sand flats and brought in about 40 then moved on to the wall with another 54 the largest a 24”.

Jim and Tim went out to pike alley and had several pike and about 67 walleye. Used gold spoons and jig heads with crawlers for the walleye.

7/23

I wanted to do a little exploring around the sand flats. ( The Hoekstra group caught literally hundreds of big eyes around the flats this week)

however the kids wanted immediate results.

So after dodging a small thunderstorm I went a proven mid lake hump.

I spotted a bunch of big fish off the southwest corner and anchored up.

Within minutes Seanna had a Huge walleye.

I had to return to camp to take care of some things for my guests.

I continued to see a bunch of big active walleye and baitfish on the sonar unit.

I rcognized the kind of thing you don't see everyday and didn't want to miss what was going to happen.

I left my anchor in place and tied a small noodle on it. Dennis and Seanna jumped in with Hayden who tied his boat to my anchor rope so they would be in exactly the same spot

I was gone about 25 minutes and in that time Seanna had caught 2 more monster walleye.

Hayden had put them in the livewell so I could photograph them when I returned.

So here is an unusual photo of Seanna with two Giant Walleye.

Because we release all walleye over 18 inches this is a rare event.

Hayden got in on the act and Dennis also caught two or three nice big walleye

They also caught about two dozen nice eaters.

All within about an hour.

They were on the edge of the drop on the south west end of the hump

all in an area the size of one boat.

In 20- 26 feet of water.

All on orange jigs and frozen shiners.

When I returned and tied my boat to Haydens it altered the swing and moved them slightly off the spot maybe about 30 feet. No big walleye.

As soon as I untied my boat and Haydens boat swung back into optium position Dennis caught two more Giant Walleye.

This was a prime example of being in EXACTLY in the right place.

When going over the map with my guests I've often said to people that when I say right here I mean RIGHT here. THE spot on the spot is often a very small area. Even on spots that I've fished often I will criss cross looking for fish with my sonar unit then try to place the anchor to put the boat in EXACTLY the place I want. Sometimes I need to reset the anchor 20 or 30 feet one way or the other to get the boat exactly where it needs to be.

Big walleye action on these small areas is often for only a short period of time. So timing is critical and it is imperative that you "stay on em"

Typically what is happening is that the walleye have a school of perch or ciscoes pushed up against the edge of a structure. They will feed voraciously on them and then the school is either eaten or scattered and the fish catching subsides as the big walleye move on.

When you find them spread out over a large feeding shelf it can last all day while you catch one here and another 20, 50 or even 150 yards away.

7/24

Clear skies in the am and afternoon until about 4pm. Strong winds came in with out warning from the north east. Winds died down after about 20 minutes. Scattered showers for a moment, then clear and beautiful evening. Water temperature was at about 66 F.

IMG_0039.JPGIMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0050.JPGIMG_0061.JPG

DSCI2186.JPGthe+wizard+with+a+24%27%27%40Nungesser+l

July 24-31

7/24

Clear skies in the am and afternoon until about 4pm. Strong winds came in with out warning from the north east. Winds died down after about 20 minutes. Scattered showers for a moment, then clear and beautiful evening. Water temperature was at about 66 F.

7/25

I fished with Al and Alex Krupa

I showed them a few spots to fish for the week.

Then stopped at Ferrit island

sat in 14 feet and cast jig and minnows up to the edge of the rock bar.

caught a bunch of walleye

the walleye quit biting

I saw the big pike on the graph

I suggested Alex get out his casting gear.

On his third or fourth cast bang a rather nice pike.

I took Deb and Seanna over to the back side of Wolf Island

We sat on a mud/sand bar coming off the island near the tip where it dropped

into 28 on the side and 22 off the tip

we sat in 14 foot

Had 4 pike grab walleye.

biggest one was in her mid 40s

lots of fun.

Would have stayed out longer but Belinda called and sold us on the Prime ribe dinner.

It was awesome, maybe even better than catching a few more big pike or walleye.

(did I actually say that?)

Bret Hodne and the guys are in camp

they said for a few hours they literally could not touch bottom with their jig and minnow or jig and worm. They were fishing 12-16 feet mostly in big bay and that area.

"probably about 800 for our group, today"

Domonic Cosgrove said they caught hundreds all around the mid lake basin, biggest was 26.5

Tom Chaladak and his son did very well yesterday with their first walleye being 25 1/2 but were a little off today. I'm sure they will do well tommorrow.

7/26

Scattered clouds throughout the day with strong winds coming from the north. Water temperature at 65 F. Some sprinkles later on in the day.

Everyone was catching fish everywhere today.

weather was perfect southwest wind a bit strong at times but felt good with temps in the hi 80s

Beautiful full moon last night.

The Hodne group caught "about 1500 today"

"couldn't even touch bottom most of the morning and it was even better in the afternoon. The usual stuff , put your bait down , catch a fish"

After 37 years they pretty much expect it but at the same time are not dissapointed if the fish aren't jumping in the boat.

The used jigs and minnows or worms in 12-18 feet.

Mostly in big bay and the east end.

Domonic Cosgrove and his family caught hundreds all over the main basin east of the sand flats and had some big pike in north bay.

Allen and Alex Krupa caught 60 or so walleye while chasing Pike

Had several good pike and missed a couple of really nice ones.

Roger Hagan "did very very well" but didn't expand on that. I know Roger and I have a feeling that means several hundred fish with plenty of big ones mixed in.

I took the family and Belinda and Gage down to big bay.

Fished on one of Brets spots ( could have been any one of a dozen places down in that area)

We anchored up in 12-14 foot and commneced a catchin

we fished from 2.30 to 4.30

We had several quads a bunch of triples and countless doubles.

Thanks goodness Seanna and Hayden can bait their own lines and take their fish off or I woldn't have fished at all.

Now if I could just get Deb to do the same.

Deb caught about 30-40 Hayden and Seanna each caught about the same.

Belinda and Gage must have had 20 each. I caught about 60

So we were pretty close to 200 in about 2 hours.

We went thru 6 dozen worms and 8 dozen minnows.

Hayden was thrilled to bring in this Giant Pike to round out the afternoon.

7/27

Clear skies in the am, heavy showers in the afternoon and calm by the evening with clearer skies. Winds blowing from the north with water temperature at 63 F.

Bret Hodne and his group had the usual good day, hauling in a total of about 800 with plenty of eaters and some size with the biggest at 26 and a few pike. They fished out of north bay using a variety of jigs, minnows, and crawlers.

Tom and his son John went out to pike alley and had a good day with about 130 the largest at 23”. Mainly using crawlers.

Al and his son Alex went over to the wall and big hump. Brought in about 87 the largest at 24 and a few pike using crawlers.

The Cosgrove group went out towards big bay and brought in about 190 the largest at 25”.

The Hagen group fished out of jacks hump and the wall bringing in about 150 using spinner rigs and minnows.

7/28

Scattered clouds throughout the day, with mild winds from the north west, with water temperature at 67 F.

The Cosgrove group went out strictly for pike today fishing various weed beds and reefs towards pike alley, and had some nice ones including a 40 and a 38, fished mainly with spoons and bulldogs.

Al and his son Alex were “exhausted” from all the fish they were catching. They decided to come in around 4pm for a little siesta. Then headed back out to the hump for a little evening fishing. They brought in about 120 for the day with a few pike.

The Hagen group had a good morning, but then slowed down for them in the afternoon. They still managed to haul in a good number including the biggest at 25”. They used mainly gulp minnows.

Bret Hodne and his group had a great day, bringing in about 1000 with some good size fish including a 27” walleye caught in north bay and plenty of eaters. They used crawlers for a greater part of the day as well as minnows and suckers that brought in a few pike.

Tom and his son had a good day as well, bringing in about 80 with the biggest at 25. His son John had a pike come up and take a swipe at a walleye he was reeling up.

7/29

Clear skies in the am, and throughout the day, with a beautiful evening. It was a beautiful day throughout. Mild winds to cool off. Some of the kids in Hodne group went tubing to cool of a bit.

The Hodne group had success today, breaking the thousand mark before lunch, with a total of about 2000 for the day. However, they will have to leave tomorrow due to the death of a family friend. Let us send prayers their way in this difficult time. We will miss this group indeed. See ya next year.

Tom and his son John had an ok day, bringing in about 80 for the day the biggest at 24, using crawlers.

The Hagen group had close to 200 with the biggest at 23” with a few pike. They mainly trolled using spinner rigs and minnows.

The Cosgrove had a good day with about 150 and later went out after supper. They used jigs with crawlers.

Al and his son Alex had a rather slow day and fished mainly for pike, the lake was dead calm, so that may of played a role in the slow day.

7/30

Beautiful day today, dead calm “glass lake”. Water temperature at 68 F. Slow day for most. Mild winds from the north

Tom and his son John, had about 54 with the biggest being a 38” pike, using a gold spoon and crawlers.

The Cosgrove group caught about 50 the largest at 22” walleye using crawlers on a spinner rig.

Kristen+with+a+huge+walleye+at+NungesserHuge+Walley+caught+at+Nungesser+Lake+NunHuge+Walleye+caught+at+Nungesser+Lake+Nu

Hayden-Geary-a-Monster.jpg

Tom+Chaladak+personal+best+biggest+ever+Giant+Pike+caught+At+Nungesser+Lake+NungJohn+With+a+Huge+Walleye+cought+at+NungeHugePikeCaught+at+Nungesser+Lake+Nungess