• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dirt Tracks...?

Anbody been getting out to the tracks at all? We have been so busy at our house with my brother's graduation from high school that we haven't gone since opening weekend at Cedar Lake. I hear they are getting some really decent late model counts at Cedar Lake, it's making me anxious to hopefully get back there this weekend.

Also, I-94 Raceway in Sauk Center took off the pavement and are back to a dirt track now. Anybody ever go there? I'm looking forward to a couple Friday night trips out there hopefully.

I grew up in Sauk Centre and i would go all the time when it was dirt, and now that it is back to dirt i have been waiting for it to open, which it did last friday. As for the racing its a fast multiple groove track, and the cool thing i want to see is that they are going to be racing legends on the dirt. I think the rest of the line up includes Late Models, mods, midwest mods, and steet stocks. They are also Wissota sanctioned which should help with car counts, and not running on the same night as Alex.

hoppe, They didn't have great car counts opening night from what I saw, but I think they will come with time. I know there are a few guys that race Menomonie, Wi that will want to give I-94 a try. Plus I bet there are a few guys who won't want to make the trek up to Superior, Wi on Fridays as well. Also, I think there are alot of folks that only race Alexandria on Saturdays that will be happy to have another track closer to home. I think Sauk Centre will have a pretty good deal going by next year if not by the end of the season.

yea i figured that they would not have a good car count for a couple of weeks or even the first month. i did not know that they were even open until my parents told me, i do not think that they did a lot of advertising for their opening. Yeah i hope that they can get an NLRA or a challange series race next year or maybe the wissota strints.

but i am getting excited for the mod nationals in Alexandria since we will be on vacation in osakis that weekend.

I think they will definitely get Challenge series race in the next couple of years. It would make sense to hit Sauk Centre on their way out to the Alexandria show. We missed the Mod Nationals last year, but we went the two previous years. They put on a great show out there. Chris Stepan does a great job promoting that stuff. I love the Viking Fall Classic.(I'm kind of a late model snob haha) We haven't missed the Fall Classic in four or five years, I think. I'm hoping to get both of those trips in this summer....would be alot of fun! It's alwasy fun to get to Alexandria for a change of scenery, though. We get too used to Cedar Lake Speedway sometimes as we go there almost every week during the summer and it's good to get out to some different tracks.

Proctor Speedway opened 3 weeks ago with 129 cars on hand! Racing was good and the crowd was pretty big. I enjoy the races every Sunday night. Cedar Lake is great if you can get there as it is a far drive for me. I enjoy Rice Lake, Hibbing, Superior. I like them all. But since I got married I only go on Sundays and some midweek specials.

Never miss a race at Hibbing Raceway. Opener was postponed due to weather but the last two weekends have been great. 110 plus cars and the stands have been full. Nothing like the sounds of the cars and the smell of fuel. June 19th and 20th are set for the Governors Cup. Pure stock, Superstock, Modifieds and Late models. Fireworks to boot after the show on Friday night.

Little_Bones, That's why we love Cedar Lake. It takes us an hour to get home after the races are over. Not too bad for some Saturday night entertainment and some of the best racing in the area. I haven't been to Proctor, Hibbing, or Superior but in the next few years we ar planning to hit those northern tracks. I'm bummed that Rice Lake dropped late models this year and they didn't get a Challenge Series race or anything. We went out there last year for the Labor Day show and it was a good time.

I was just going to start a thread asking if anyone hits up the dirt tracks. My parents put their camper permanent at Deer Creek so we have been out there almost every saturday night. My sisters boyfriend is leading in points at Deer Creek, Chateau, and Dodge County in the supers so that makes it even more fun to hit the tracks. They just had the Gopher 50 wednesday night at Deer Creek. I guess those world of outlaw late models really fly, wished i could have seen it. The speed channel will be televising that in August. Any other southern MN track junkies?