• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dirt Tracks...?

Anybody on here ever hit the local dirt tracks? I am getting geared up for this coming weekend if the weather holds up so I can hit Cedar Lake on Saturday. I know Deer Creek had their opener this part weekend. I was just wondering if anyone on FishingMN ever hit up the dirt tracks.

I know Viking Speedway in Alexandria has there opener on Saturday April 25, and North Central Speedway in Brainerd has their opener on May 2, Golden Spike Speedway in Saint Cloud has their opener this weekend. Those are the 3 tracks that i frequent.

We always go to Viking for the Mod Nationals in July and the Fall Classic in October, but its too far away from the cities to make regular nights out there. I have never been to North Central or Golden Spike. Is Golden Spike a nice track? I am kind of a late model snob, so I wish they raced lates there. St Cloud would be a do-able drive from the cities.

One already has Fairmont open and there are also numerous ones in northern Iowa.

Here are a few others in Minnesota.

• ARLINGTON RACEWAY (Arlington)

• BEMIDJI SPEEDWAY (Bemidji)

• BUFFALO RIVER RACE PARK (Glyndon)

• CHATEAU RACEWAY (Lansing)

• DEER CREEK SPEEDWAY (Spring Valley)

• DODGE COUNTY SPEEDWAY (Kasson)

• FIESTA CITY SPEEDWAY (Montevideo)

• GOLDEN SPIKE SPEEDWAY (Sauk Rapids)

• GRAND RAPIDS SPEEDWAY (Grand Rapids)

• GREENBUSH RACE PARK (Greenbush)

• HIBBING RACEWAY (Hibbing)

• KRA SPEEDWAY (Willmar)

• MADISON SPEEDWAY (Madison)

• NORMAN COUNTY RACEWAY (Ada)

• NORTH CENTRAL SPEEDWAY (Brainerd)

• PRINCETON SPEEDWAY (Princeton)

• PROCTOR SPEEDWAY (Proctor)

• REDWOOD SPEEDWAY (Redwood Falls)

• VIKING SPEEDWAY (Alexandria)

My son races a dirt modified at Arlington, Redwood falls, at times in Fairmont and numerous tracks in Iowa. A great way to spend a summer.

There are a few others who also race dirt.

The one up here is Superior brings on a good show plus a few WDRL RACES

2009 Tentative Schedule

***NASCAR Racing indicates the following classes will be racing: NASCAR Late Models, Modifieds, Super Stocks, Midwest Modifieds and Pure Stocks.

Pricing will be provided on the Tickets page.***

DATE EVENT Classes PRICES

Fri. May 8th. Practice All Classes Buy Your License, Try Your Car Fans Free Car & Driver $25.00

Fri. May 15th. Season Opener NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Wed. May 20th. Regular Racing NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Fri. May 29th. IRA Sprint Cars IRA SPRINTS-MWMODS-SUPERS Special Pricing

Fri. June 5th. Meet The Drivers NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Wed. June 10th. Practice All Classes Try Your Car Fans Free Car & Driver $25.00

Fri. June 12th. JW ZEMBO SS CLASSIC NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Thur. June 18th. WDRL LATE MODELS WDRL Late Models MWMods-Supers-Pures Special Pricing

Fri. June 26th. NASCAR WHELEN NIGHT NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Wed. July 1st. Rain Date Nascar Whelen Night NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Fri. July 10th. RUSS LAURSEN CLASSIC NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Wed. July 15th. Practice All Classes Try Your Car Fans Free Car & Driver $25.00

Fri. July 17th. JOE P KIMMES 2ND ANNUAL Race and Auction NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Tues. July 21st. COMO MODIFIED SERIES Modifieds-Late Models-SStocks-Pures Special Pricing

Wed. July 29th.. WDRL LATE MODELS WDRL Late Models Mods- MWMods-Pures Special Pricing

Wed. August 5th Practice All Classes Try Your Car Fans Free Car & Driver $25.00

Fri. Aug. 7th. HALL OF FAME NIGHT NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Fri. Aug. 14th. USG NIGHT NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Fri.Aug. 21st. FAN APPRECIATION NIGHT NASCAR Racing SPECIAL NIGHT $10.00 ADULTS !!!!

Fri. Aug 28th. FREE CORN ON THE COB NASCAR Racing Regular Pricing

Fri. Sept. 4th. RODEO-NO RACING

Fri. Sept. 11th. BUDWEISER

NORTHERN NATIONALS IRA Sprint Cars IRA SPRINTS-MWMODS-SUPERS Special Pricing

Sat. Sept. 12th BUDWEISER

NORTHERN NATIONALS

COMO MODIFIED SERIES Modifieds

Late Models

Pures Special Pricing

Jar Jar

I used to frequent Cedar Lake Speedway years ago.(mmmmm...about 25 years ago)It was some of the best fun I've had on a Saturday night. I think the track has changed a bit over the years, but I imagine it's still just as fun. Can you still back your cars right up to the fence and get sprayed with mud balls from time to time?

I used to frequent Cedar Lake Speedway years ago.(mmmmm...about 25 years ago)It was some of the best fun I've had on a Saturday night. I think the track has changed a bit over the years, but I imagine it's still just as fun. Can you still back your cars right up to the fence and get sprayed with mud balls from time to time?

You have to pay extra to go park in there, but people still go park in there and watch the races. Most of them have RV's and campers, but on the regular nights you still see cars and trucks parked in there. We go almost every weekend to CLS, it is just so close to the cities.(We sometimes make it back home to Plymouth in exactly an hour from the track) And it is nice to be able to go see late model racing on a weekly basis that close to home. It is fun to get to meet the regular drivers, you can meet some very nice, genuine drivers in the pits after the races are over. Plus, CLS brings in the big dog late models and sprint cars from all around the nation two times a year. CLS does as good a job of putting together big shows as any track in the midwest. I think alot of that hsa to do with the tack promoter, Chris Stepan, but I just love the shows they put on at CLS week in and week out during the summer months.

For those of you interested in kids stuff (go-karts) on the dirt:

Blue Earth

Atwater

Ceder Mills

Golden Spike Raceway

Those 4 have some serious speed and are all 1/8 mile with the exeption of Golden Spike being a 1/5

Toner's Lake by Waterville and Arlington Raceway also have karts on much smaller tracks . We raced both last year and really fell in love with the Sunday afternoon action at Toner's Lake. It's a 1/10th mile with some decent banking. Arlington is a 1/12th , one groove wonder that runs before the big cars on selected Saturday's.

So I hear Red Cedar Speedway in Menomonie, WI is having their opener tomorrow(4/17) just like Cedar Lake is. It will be interesting to see who decides to go to which track. CLS is having a full show on Friday and Saturday so I'm sure a few guys will go to Red Cedar on Friday and hit CLS on Saturday. I'm hoping for a big car count at CLS on Saturday if I get to go.

The weather was so nice on Friday but unfortunately I had no one to go racing with, but I made it over to CLS on Saturday night though. It was a cool night, but it was fun to be at the races again. The racing wasn't as good as it sounded like it was on Friday, but like I said, just good to be back at the track. Anybody else make it out the dirt tracks this weekend?

They never water the track that much anyway for test and tune. By the way Tom,sorry I didn't stick around , had other plans for the day. Came over to watch Adam beat the snot out of his sister's car at the beginning when the track had moisture. Should have seen her eyes when he hit the memory on the tach. eek

yup but im sure they were listening to the forecast and was expecting on and off rain.that never came

One needs to always prep the track even with the threat of rain. If it does rain it doesn't matter and if it doesn't, one would have a track in good condition. When they do next to nothing, they could just as well cancel the whole day as the track surface is worthless.