• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HUNTING

FORD FOREVER

well that sucks you didnt see one, i saw more during bow season last year then gun, have to see what the weather will be like this year, thats what killed everyone last year tough cold windy conditions. No matter how often people wanna complain there arent any deer it was just one of those years

I also have the deer hunting itch. The snow is almsot gone so walking in the woods now is just awesome. This is a great time to scout as all the sign is still visible and no bugs yet. In fact last weekend I found a new spot that needs a stand. So that will be my project for the next few weekends.....

A friend of mine has a friend who is part of a 23,000 acre leased camp on the King Ranch in TX. I got invited to go along and couldn't pass up a trip of a lifetime. Now I just need to get invited when the whitetails and quail are fair game.

I went up to the shack last week and had a look around. I scouted a few new areas for bear hunting and checked out my land. I put some salt blocks out for the deer, and put some left over bait out for the bears. I won't hunt from the area I baited, I just like to set the cameras out and see what's around. I sighted in the muzzle loader with some new bullets, and have been shooting the bow pretty regular. I've reloaded more shotgun shells than one guy really needs, and I've been shooting 4 rounds of skeet a week. I need fising to open so I can quit obsessing about hunting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the bear license.

AWW man now I m jealous. Got the bow out last nite and shot a few arrows thinkin I'm goning to try to take a tom with archery gear this year instead of the gun season starts the 25 of april. I'm also itchin to get in the woods to set a few new stands, might have a new place to hunt this year.

I'm hoping to get out for Turkey season with the bow. But with spring being pushed back I will be planting during that time. But I have my mathew's sighted in and looking to shoot another big one for the taxadermist this year. I can't believe you didn't see A deer. Need to get out of that NYA area and head north. I hunt north of fargo and one night bow hunting on a 1/3 mile of river bottom we saw 24 deer in 2 hrs of hunting.

The hunting itch has been slowly leaving me, got spoiled years ago. The county I hunt is void of ducks so no duck hunting, having roughly 30 good goose hunting spots down to 4 and the number of quality bucks around is at barely any. Grouse numbers aren't worth mentioning anymore, went from hundreds to just a brood here and there. Not really a huntable amount of pheasants around and if they were finding places to go you can't. My property lines are surrounded by heated box stands. Sorry such a downer but I don't see any of that ever improving which is why so many leave the state to hunt: I might be joining them.