• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

early arthritis in a chocolate

I have a 4 and half year old choc lab that was recently diagnosed with arthritis in the should and elbow. I wanted to know from the Vet if I should quit hunting her. I don't want her to be hobbled up at ages 6- death. She is a great pheasant and family dog. If she can't hunt she will have to be a great fishing and family dog. We tried a shot of cortezone. Does anyone have a similar experience. I will monitor her shoulder this fall. Hopefully the shot helps. I think that I ran her to hard when young and should of listened when people said to not have them jump in and out of the truck. Any info would be greatly appriciated. Four and half years seems way too young for me.

Not an answer, but look foreward to others answers to your question. What signs of arthritis have you seen in your chocolate. I have a 4 1/2 year old chocolate that I think might be experiencing the same thing.

She was showing signs of stiffness and swelling, and acting a little slower than she should. Initially, I thought it was her elbow. She injured it as a puppy. But, the Vet was not to concerned about that. Apparently, it was the shoulder causing the most problem.