• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Was Your "Highlight" of Ice Season 2008-2009?

Shack

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was getting a pair of 24" 'eyes from a metro lake that isnt even supposed to really have them. Very fun pulling them through the ice on crappie gear.

Other than that I got take my aunt from Ohio up to the big shindig in Brainerd. It was a good time and pretty cold so I think it was a pretty interesting experience for her.

I was out of a job for most of the winter so I was limited to stuff in town, but I made the most of the few times I did get to got out. I got a job now that gives me weekends off grin so this summer I am going to be a weekend warrior up north all the time. If the price of gas stays somewhat low (knock on wood) I will be all over the place. I plan on finnaly catching a Mille Lacs eye (the only place I have fished for walleyes and not caught one!)

As a whole, my fishing season was slow but there were a few very high points:

Taking my oldest son on a sled dog laker fishing trip in the BWCA.

Helping my middle son get his first fish through the ice, a 5# northern.

Getting my personal best northern on the same day.

Buying a Marcum.

Steve

I'd say being on the ice with my kids is something that can't be beat.

Other highlights were a couple trips to URL and catching some decent eyes,

A couple of trips to LOW, one with the Mrs (she caught her personal best nothern 37"er, and one with my son (I caught my pb northern 42.5"). Both trips were a blast.

Another one would be the two local fishing derby's me and my 5 year old son fished in and won both of them.

I was fishing for Walleye on a local twin cities lake and ended up hooking into a 16# Northern at about 9:00 pm at night. I thought I had the mother of all Walleyes on for a few minutes. I wish a I had a better camera on me, but all I did get a few quick camera phone pics before sliding her back down.

Mine was getting out to a lake with my dad which neither of us had ever been before and through a little searching, found our limit of 10" crappies and a couple of walleyes to boot. This was my first year of really getting out and fishing the ice and I'm definitely hooked. Can't wait for next year!

My highlight was definetly my muskie. Funny thing is 2 days before I caught her we put our snowmobile in the water at 1 am. It was 24 below outside and had to get rescued by 911. Got the worst frost bite on my feet that I have ever seen. The day I caught that fish my feet were litterally BLACK.

What's the scoop on that Ski? Looks ENORMOUS!

Many highlights. More time on the ice than the previous year was good. I also had the lake to myself many times, which is always nice.

The highlight would have to be doing the annual fishing trip(s) with my buddy. We go to their cabin one weekend, then to ours another weekend. Always a great time when we get together.

The low point was getting the sled stuck in the slush. Other than that, it was a great season.

increasing my ice time 50% from 2008 season was great.

Fishing more on southern minn lakes that produced enough fish for good frys for family.

Downside was not getting to RED Nor Mille Lacs this year (Economic Downturn, gas price , lack of bite etc.)