• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Delmon Rant

SkunkedAgain

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delmon's contract info:

2009: Near Minimum, 2010-12: Arb. Eligible, 2013: Free Agent

This guy should be a .280-300 hitter with 20 HR's someday. I think he may yet get there, he's only 23. To get there he needs a starting role. Can't sit Span, and it would be silly to sit Cuddy with his power and $8 mil salary. So that either leaves sitting Gomez, trading Cuddy, or trading Young. Tough call!

He's going to be a very good DH somewhere down the road. I guess you could try and hide him in right field but I just don't see it as an option at this point. Kubels stellar play particularly against left handed pitching has really hurt Delmons chances to get more playing time.

It's not Gardy's fault he can't be trusted in the outfield. For instance the routine catch he made the other night that almost got over his head and would have cost us the game.

Thats was a huge hit for him and the Twins hopefully we can feed off that and play some good baseball down the stretch!

I've really come around on Kub's over the last two years. I think we've got our future DH now, assuming he stays healthy. Besides, he's already the .300 20 HR guy that Delmon could be. If Kubel could just hit right handers, he'd be one of the elite DH's in the league.

That being said, we're still where we were with Young.

Originally Posted By: Duffman
Delmon's way too young to give up on yet, if only we could train him to not run like a girl. wink

What is it with that stutter step run of his?

It almost seems like he has a potato chip stuck in his backside and doesn't want it to break.

Any you johnsons gonna chew on some Crow, some of us have happily chewed on some for the Vaunted Cuddles. Nows your chance to.....Delmon finishes with a .285 batting average and 60 RBI's. Too bad it takes an injury in the second half to get Delmon full time pt.

There's going to be a point in his career where he realizes he needs to give 100% every outing in order to stay in the lineup. Something tells me he has just realized this. I say he keeps his starting job next year and does not give it up.

I think he could be that .280 to .300 hitter with 20-25 hr's. We could all breathe a little easier about that trade if he could get there.