• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minn. could see antler-point restrictions in 2010

Maybe this is out there and I'm unaware, but I'd like to see a breakdown of deer registered actually killed by each day of the gun season. I don't know what % are not registered. I'd like to see a breakdown assuming it must dwindle as hunters dwindle and are tagless etc. I sometimes wonder if we had the right recipe talking old zone 4.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, i don't believe we are finally all starting to agree on something. aside from the fact it isn't AR. but yeah, why not have to tag a button buck with a bucktag? only problem, trying to identify if it is indeed a nubbin buck.

to simplify it, how about an over'the'counter tag for nubbin bucks, just in case. this way, you don't burn your buck tag thinking it was a doe. you could make them say 15 bucks before the season, or 30 bucks after the kill. in a sense, kind of a fine to the hunter, but at least it can be legally tagged and not left to lay for the crows.

as far as the rare antlered doe, that should require a buck tag, as infact, the almost sure reason that doe was harvested was because visually, it was a buck.

I don't know that sounds too much like we have it now with bonus tags, just a little different process. I say 1 buck tag and that is it, if you mess up you are done buck hunting. People will learn real fast. As soon as guys can't get tags from their friends and family that one tag suddenly becomes more valuable and you will see people think twice before pulling the trigger.

Bear, that's what our group did in 1995, we have 23 hunters, we can each only shoot our own buck and on certain relatives land we have our own rules, on mine it's 3 1/2 year old buck or doe or doe fawn, you can't control the trigger and drop something else you are done, guess what, no one has, it forces all of us to be certain, my uncle D's land it's the same. Other uncles set up how they want there land hunted, they live there so they know what's around, too many does and we make drives until we have what we should take, too few does and we put in longer amounts of time in our stands hoping for the big boy and don't do drives on those less deer years.