• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3 Rods Allowed In Michigan

I saw this posted somewhere else:

Michigan to allow three rods

In a major regulation change, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR) announced anglers will be able to use up to three rods, effective April 1.

In the past, the limit was two rods on Michigan waters except anglers trolling for salmon in the Great Lakes could use three rods.

The Michigan DNR also reminds anglers that new fishing licenses went on sale March 1.

The licenses are good from the date of purchase through March 31, 2010. Anglers are not required to possess a 2009 fishing license until April 1, when the new season begins and new fishing regulations take effect.

In recent years, the Michigan DNR has printed two fishing guides, one specifically for trout and salmon. This year, the 2009 Michigan Fishing Guide includes all fishing regulations. It’s available statewide at license vendors.

The color-coded maps that were previously printed in the trout and salmon guide are not included this year. Color-coded trout stream maps will be available online at www.michigan.gov/dnrfishing beginning April 1. Changes to lake and stream types are noted in red in the fishing guide.

There are two other major fishing regulations changes for 2009 in Michigan:

— The daily limit of five trout and salmon in combination may now include up to five chinook or coho salmon. In the past, the limit included a maximum of three fish of one species.

— There is a two-gallon daily limit on smelt. Previously, there was no limit.

3 Lines ought to keep people busy.

I know there were alot of changes starting with the O9 fishing season. We could alway run 3 rods on lake Superior, it is real nice when 2 guys are in the boat running planner board. 3 shallow and 3 deep. Now 3 rods during ice fishing will be odd, I guess I need a bigger portable.