• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winnipeg river fishing, is it better than lake of the woods?

Are you camping? Just curious as I have never kayaked. This is a big piece of water, IMO. When I was there it was a beautiful crankbait bite for eyes and smallies. Lots of protected bays, current, and "big" water. Northerns are good to great. Lots of people catch muskies there. There are also lakers. Big, big variety of water. For me, it was a confusing system. Of course the last time I was there (7 years ago), I didn't have a GPS with a Navionics chip. That would have simplified the area alot. We stayed at Perch Bay Resort. The guys I went with go there every year and swear that it just gets better.

Probably one of the best fisheries (I have ever been to) for pre-dark fishing from the docks for walleyes. Every cast.

As the poster mentioned above this system, while it is a river, is more of a series of connected lakes.

As far as the fishing, I didn't get a chance to fish for much besdies Muskies, but there sure were a lot of bass and pike. Have heard good things about the walleye fishing but I have also heard it is not as good as it once was due to lackluster regs..Dont quote me on that.

I will say that THE biggest fish I have ever seen or caught was on this sytem, and for the life of me I can't understand while I haven't been back to fish there yet.