• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cat Tip of the Day: Bucket Rod Holder

SteveD

Here is another old Cat tip of the Day that was originally posted back in 2006. I was shore fishing at the warm water outlet to the Allen S. King Excel Energy Plant in Bayport on the St Croix a few weeks ago and was using my old bucket rod holder and it reminded me that this would be a good time to repost this tip again for those that haven’t seen it before. There are a lot of good catmen that primarily fish from the shore but struggle placing rod holders on shorelines that are rocky, rip rapped or the ground is just too hard for standard in-ground rod holders. This is a rod holder guaranteed to work on the shore and in the boat. One of the better inexpensive rod holders on the market is the Atwood Rod Holder. You can find them at just about any Walmart fishing department for about $15. Take the side mount for the Atwood rod holder and mount it on a 5 gallon bucket. It works great when you are fishing from the shore because the bucket comes in handy for hauling bait, tackle and other equipment. If the bucket seems tippy when your heavy rods are in it just fill the bucket with water and it is immediately stable and will hold any size rod. The bucket also comes in handy when your rods are spread out along the shoreline, you can fill the bucket with water and keep a few bullheads in it for bait so that you don’t have to run up and down the shoreline carrying bait. Here is a picture of my bucket rod holder with two rod mounts on it:

RodHolder3boc.jpg