• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fargo gets more bad news...

Holding up good right now...

Helped out in town today... nice to get a little break from work and do some good for the community again. Thankfully the river's gone down a bit, now we just have to hold on for the long hall... but so far so good.

Yesterday was a bit more scary - a lot of water shooting out of a manhole with very little we could do to stop it until they brought the heavy equipment in.

Here's a picture from the civil air patrol today - the bridge (two ripples in the middle of the picture) underwater is the Highway 27 bridge. You can see the two ring dikes above the river in the picture - that's where the two manholes are.

lisbon16apr09large.jpg

marine_man

I talked with the owner of the ranch I hunt today and he said the Sheyenne keeps coming up. Now the little barn is flooded and heading for the house. It needs to go down very soon.

The neighbor up there has now took a bulldozer and pushed an earthen dike around his house to save it.

That is good news! It seems like having the water start to head the right direction is a big mental hurdle to get past. Glad to hear this news.

Tom, if Carter needs help out there after the water drops, please let me know. He may have trees to clear off the road, places to clean out, etc. I'm happy to run out there and chip in if he'd like the help.

The water is down another 6 inches and its dropping very slowly.

Dropping though that is a very good thing. The water has been so high for so long this is such a positive thing I don't care how slow it is.

My wife and I moved back into our house last Sun thanks to the help of some of our friends and family. The other positive water levels are to the point where the city said we can go ahead and start using the toilets sparingly again in our houses as the city sanitary sewer is gaining ground. All of these thing are positives after what we have all been through mentally, emotionally and physically this spring.

Now I am working in Devils Lake where water is also on the rise. I see a pattern Valley City to Fargo back to Valley City to Devils Lake everywhere I have been the water is on it's way up.